I can't get my bike to Accelerate, Please Help.

GoldenMotor.com

Julio2420

Oct 24, 2011
San Diego
I just purchesed this bike on craigslist two weeks ago for just $50 bucks. It was a mountain bike w/ a 2 stroke engine kit that was working fine. I used it about three times and now it starts up but it wont accelerate and after about 15-20 sec it turns off on me. Can anybody help please, I already miss riding the damn thing and i cant figure out whats the problem.:-||

bluedogeli

May 13, 2009
ca.
these kits come with really dirty stock fuel tanks and a mesh strainer type filter on the shutoff petcock. remove your fuel line at the carb and see if your getting any fuel flow. drain tank and check for debries. clean and strip inside of tank with rust remover if need be. there are fuel tank sealers such as kreme that will give your tank a clean surface inside. clean carb and screen on petcock. put in line filter on fuel line. put it together and see what happens. with these kits you have to tinker. part of the fun. good luck.

Julio2420

Oct 24, 2011
San Diego
Thanks for the advise bludogeli i will check that out, and Drewd i am twisting the throttle but no acceleration bro, thats why im asking for help.

One more thing ,Im new to this hobby and in the process of ordering a new 2 stroke motor kit and also Im looking for a nice stretched beach cruiser to install it on, any advise on a good motor. The Beach Cruiser I'm trying to find is either the Micargi Mustang GTs or the Bronco 3.0 gts.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Get a friction drive from staton-inc, or thatsdax.com. They are simple and reliable is their middle names. :)

circleball

Aug 24, 2010
south texas (sea level)
you never commented on wether or not there was a change, OF ANY KIND, when you rolled on the throttle. was there a sound difference, or resistance in the handle. did it get slower ? faster for a sec then nothing? more details please.it might just be a bogging issue, (too rich) which would need less gas, and i dont mean put more oil. Did the throttle cable come loose? i will await your response as to more details. try to choke it a little instead of throttle, if it gets the same result it might be rich. or if it picks up or straightens out you may be too lean. needing more fuel. too much air and not enough gas will not play nice either.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
The first thing to do with these in-frame kits is throw away the stock in-tank filter and use an in-line fuel filter from auto parts/hardware store. The stock petcock is usually leaky too. Sick Bike Parts has one for $10 or so, works and looks great.