Oil choice

GoldenMotor.com

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
right now i am on the process of trying amsoil denominator i really like it i am tunning 2.6 oz to one gallom of gas it seems much oil but i have a long journey to work lots of hills

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
I run oil that has the highest flash point, provides a dry lubricant when the engine overheats, and has superior lubrication under severe conditions. I've run it at 50:1 but prefer 32:1 as an easy mixture ratio.

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA
I run oil that has the highest flash point, provides a dry lubricant when the engine overheats, and has superior lubrication under severe conditions. I've run it at 50:1 but prefer 32:1 as an easy mixture ratio.
So what oil are you using? Also where do you get 2 stroke oil, do auto parts stores carry it? Right now I am using chainsaw 2 stroke because it was given to me for free. What should I change to?

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
So what oil are you using? Also where do you get 2 stroke oil, do auto parts stores carry it? Right now I am using chainsaw 2 stroke because it was given to me for free. What should I change to?
Baker's Grade AA Castor Oil - SIG Mfg. Co., Inc.

I've had no issues with gunk buildup running 100% castor oil but you wish, you can blend it 3oz of cheap 2 stroke oil (walmart stuff ok) with 1 oz of castor oil for total of 4oz per gallon.

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
I have only used Amsoil oils.

Justin I do not see why you switched to Yamalube 2r other than the cost, but IMO Amsoil is the founder of synthetic oils so they make the best synthetic oils. There is a reason why they don't sell them at retail stores.

With Amsoil I have only heard good results and haven't heard any one experiencing carbon build up. With Castrol oil some experienced some carbon build up in their engines, but it worked just fine.

Last edited:

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
I have only used Amsoil oils.

Justin I do not see why you switched to Yamalube 2r other than the cost, but IMO Amsoil is the founder of synthetic oils so they make the best synthetic oils. There is a reason why they don't sell them at retail stores.

With Amsoil I have only heard good results and haven't heard any one experiencing carbon build up. With Castrol oil some experienced some carbon build up in their engines, but it worked just fine.
Castrol does not equal Castor......

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Baker's Grade AA Castor Oil - SIG Mfg. Co., Inc.

I've had no issues with gunk buildup running 100% castor oil but you wish, you can blend it 3oz of cheap 2 stroke oil (walmart stuff ok) with 1 oz of castor oil for total of 4oz per gallon.

Amsoil Dominator and pure castor oil in the ratios you mention. Stays clean, power like a raped ape and smells really, really good.

Best combo. Ever.

People should try this!!

Last edited:

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
I use Red Line 2-stroke racing oil, but that's because I run on alcohol. I've had great results with it though, and it also works with gasoline. The 16 ounce bottle usually sells for $9.

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Nothing wrong with it. No matter what after all these years, castor oil still makes the best ring seal and extreme protection. Mixed with synthetic oil to keep it clean, it is an awesome combo.
Yep, just a kiss of castor is all you need...the only reason I use 100% is because its what I have on hand by the gallon when I blend my own model airplane fuel. I have at least 230 hours on my engine to date in the past 2 years and runs better than new.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Yep...that castor is good stuff. I mix my own airplane fuel as well using Klotz 80% syn 20% Castor / methanol / nitro and a few drops of armour all for anti foaming, but even when I buy full synthethic glow fuel like Cool Power 15%....I still like to add a couple ounces to it. I have also used AAA bakers castor as well, but boy is it messy even though it works good. I have owned over a 100 model engines and am a strong believer in Castor....so it stands to reason it would probably work good in the larger 2 stroke on my bike, but I havn't used Castor in my bike or any of my gasoline powered planes. I may have to try it some time. Right now I just use a good ashless 2 stroke air cooled oil mixed 32:1, but I have also been considering trying the Opti 2 synthetic oil mixed 100:1and I know several guys who have had good luck with the Amsoil. Just hard to get myself to run something with that small of amount of oil in the fuel, but I know of lots of folks who do with good success.