Clutch stuck.

GoldenMotor.com

carchub

Sep 30, 2011
Portland
Thanks for the great tips! Yeah I was thinking of not repeating the same job on it, as it obviously didn't work out. I didn't even know of 1/2 links, but that would be perfect! Because when I shortened the chain, it was too tight, so I put one link back in, but it was still a little loose.
Thanks again!
-carchub

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I know its late in the game to post, but when clutch action changes radically and it is not from cable stretch you might want to check the nut on the drive sprocket. It this nut comes loose the whole clutch assemble can receede into motor and then the clutch pin no longer gets pushed in enough to release the clutch (and there is probably gonna be some rubbing on the gear cover case by the clutch).
On time I had this happen to me, all the sudden it was like I could not pull the clutch in far enough to disengage the motor, I assumed it was cable stretch. It was not, it was the nut on the drive sprocket, it had come loose...

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Also be sure to remove the clutch pin and ball in arm assembly and GREASE it well. Stops squeaking too.