Texas State Trooper V Motorized Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
More members read this thread than the laws thread. Let me share, I was on my way home when a State Trooper was going the other way. I waved. He waved back. Made a U turn and stopped me. After the usual Cop stuff he asked me, Why did you wave at me? I said I like to wave at everyone in a car. It tells me they see me, and it's a friendly thing to do. :) He was stunned. He told me everytime he gets waved at there is trouble. He liked my bike. :) Never asked anything about it. Friendly pays off. (c)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Re: Texas State Trooper V MB

One time, many years ago in Florida, my old home, a trooper was directing traffic at an intersection where the lights had malfunctioned. It was hot, like it only gets in south Florida in the summer. He was drenched in sweat as I drove passed him. I went into a 7-Eleven, bought a cold can of Coke and drove passed him again and handed the unopened soft drink out the window to him. The look on his face was priceless. I drove away without a word.
Tom

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL

It never hurts to be kind. I used to always keep 2 umbrellas in the car and would give 1 away to someone standing in the rain. I would just tell them to pass it on to someone else. I don't know why I stopped doing it. Maybe I'll start again when I can find another cheap source for them.

Terry

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

Yea for Texas. I haven't heard of anyone on a MB being hassled by a Texas state trooper. That's interesting too, when you consider how they love to go after motorcyclists, and bikers.

I was waved at by a Farmers Branch cop once when riding my MB, and one stopped me to ask about my bike. When I told him I was just getting back from a 50 mile ride, and I was getting 120 mpg, he said there's going to be a lot more of these. Then he said "I don't want to keep you, see you later", and drove off.

It does pay to always be courteous to the man.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

I had cops ask about the MB, but I can't say I've ever been pulled over while riding.

I do have a strategy for decreasing the likelihood of getting a ticket:
One time, in Cleveland, it was pouring big, heavy sheets of rain. Thunder and lightning, etc. I was driving home in my firebird, and I think I might have been in a bit of a hurry, but I couldn't say exactly what speed. The 'bird had excellent tires and was gripping fine, so I was thinking more about getting indoors.

Then the red and blues came on, flashing and whirling behind me. I put on my signal to pull over, but I saw an overpass up ahead, so I went a little further and pulled under there leaving plenty of room for the cop behind me.

He asked for license, registration, and so on. Then he asked why I kept going and stopped under there. I told him that he couldn't have looked forward to pulling someone over on a day like this, so I thought he might appreciate it if he didn't have to stand out in the rain. He did the usual warrant check, came back, and said that he hoped he encountered a few more drivers as considerate as I was. And he let me go.

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas

Here in Rosebud all the cops know about me and they don't bother me, actually they wave every time I pass them it's pretty cool when cops have some sort of easiness to em, makes life a whole lot nicer.