villiers mk VIII C

GoldenMotor.com

baslok

May 25, 2011
germany
hey guys,

i get my hands on an old villiers mk VIII c engine and i need some infos about this old engine!

cc ?

hp ?

manuals ?

carberotor ?

i hope somebody can help me out?

thanks and greetings from germany

baslok

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
That looks similar to mine.... yours maybe older. I have a few

Im building a bike with one....

Theres a few of us building bikes over in DIY thread with these motors. Ive read 1hp at 3000rpm. Its hard to get a lot more information on them. But if ican help i certainly will. Good luck bro.

baslok

May 25, 2011
germany
thanks harry,

i know your builds and i like them, very nice!

what carburattor did you use and where did you buy it? i need one for my engine

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
The name of the carb slips my mind at the moment. Amal carb comes to mind but ill check for you tommorrow and let you know. The engines were built in England so if you check EBay there you are bound to find a carb. Not sure what the postage would be though.

My carb came with my motors. Ill keep an eye out on EBay here (Australia) and let you know if one comes up

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Thats really nice, and older then any of mine. I really really love the writing stamped into the engine barrell. Beautiful. What bike do you plan to put it in?

baslok

May 25, 2011
germany
i dont know, i need a frame possible with 1 1/8 headtube to use a new felt abraham linkage fork but i´m still searching for a frame.
but all in all i want to build a classic btr with a rusty rat touch

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I hadnt heard of these Felt Abraham forks, so i did a search and they are similar to the Monark springer. Cool i never knew they made any. You should have a cool bike.

One of the problems with this motor is you may need to build a handclutch shifter like mine or modify a centriufgal clutch because i dont think these rev very hard and might not engage at a low enough rpm. But i plan to do more Villiers builds as well as CAMNZ, Silverbear and Fasteddy over in "DIY Section", so you wont be alone if you encounter any dramas

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

baslok

May 25, 2011
germany
thanks fasteddy,

i checked your links, very helpfull!

i´m still searching for the right carb (t-w 3/4 ????), thats the biggest problem!

i´m a engine noob and i dont know if i can take a bigger or smaller cab for the engine!?

baslok

May 25, 2011
germany
got my engine today! very nice lokking piece of metal.

who can help me with my carb problem, i dont know what details i have to look for to choose the right carb?

did i have to take an old villiers carb or can i choose an newer/bigger like zenith, amal .... ?

engine pics coming soon

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hello baslok,
I picked up the engine that fasteddy bought by auction and the fellow who sold it restores old motors and seems to know his stuff. He said the carb needs going through and a good cleaning, but also said that you can use a carburetor from a Happy Time Chinese 2 stroke bicycle engine... he even included one with the Villiars. It wouldn't be up to the quality of an original in looks or performance probably, but if you have one on hand you might try it just to get the engine going and later give it the carb of your dreams once you find it. Just a thought. Good luck and share pictures as you go.
SB

baslok

May 25, 2011
germany
thanks silverbear!

that sounds good to me! i´m still searching for manuals/sparepartlist´s to get more infos to choose the right parts!
if i understand you correctly then it means that i can use every carb that fits on the motor and is compatible with the displacement (147cc)?!

I unfortunately had to conclude that my engine in comparison to the same type is slightly different, it is reversed
The flywheel is on the left side, a picture here for comparison

today follows pics of my engine