object rattlin

GoldenMotor.com

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
I am not sure where this is coming from but im riding and i am hearing and object that sounds like as if a screw or a shred of metal , but I took a look at the piston area and also the clutch area by taking off the cover and nothin . I did however see rust on the piston wheel and not sure if it is to be there PLEASE HELP :-||

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
noise can be real hard to figure out where its coming from, did it just start making a noise ? , i would go through and check all the bolts on the motor and frame see if that works and if it doesn't , then i would look inside the motor , when a motor hits its death rattle it won't be long before it gives up the goat ....

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
I'm feelin a'lil foolish but the noise was just my back derailer hitting my tire all I could do was shake my head and smile . thnx tho

moonshiner

Apr 23, 2011
tennessee
I'm feelin a'lil foolish but the noise was just my back derailer hitting my tire all I could do was shake my head and smile . thnx tho
LOL , glad it was something simple , if you are like me you have probably been bucked off that mustang a time or two before because of unexpected mechanical failures , and when she goes to making funny noises it just makes you quite uneasy ..duh.

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
Been there bro. thankfully it wasn't anything major. And as far as being nervous, you have a long distance between you and your destination, butterflies are to be expected. Keep your cell phone charged, take your time, plenty of pics. But most importantly be SAFE and enjoy the ride.