Engine Specs

GoldenMotor.com

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
Maybe we could post things we do know i.e bearing sizes for dif. motors, seal sizes, rod type/length, spark plug types, pics of piston for particlar motor, pics inside the jug, pics of cranks for part. motor, even maybe the aftermarket fit in's like bearings and so on... might be more effort that is worth though on the other hand could be useful to some.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Maybe we could post things we do know i.e bearing sizes for dif. motors, seal sizes, rod type/length, spark plug types, pics of piston for particlar motor, pics inside the jug, pics of cranks for part. motor, even maybe the aftermarket fit in's like bearings and so on... might be more effort that is worth though on the other hand could be useful to some.
Spot on observation. I am waiting for someone to say what the difference in the piston wrist bearings are. IE this seams to give out. To the guy's that weigh about as much as a some what starved out Ethiopian. Put one hundred pounds on your back and ride with me for a entire day. For the record I can and still do peddle bikes on occasion without a motor but just me doing it for entire days.

Some of all this speculation from my part of the side line is they all came from china and mine get blue printed for the most part.

nuff about chiners

I run Morini's now. For starters think proven race engine and something called primary compression! Think about 14,000 rpm's! Um balanced cranks and a motor that breaths..

China's are still good motors tho. They are a kit in themselves and can be cleaned up..

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
If you clay the CC with the piston at TDC you can then use that clay to more accurately measure the volume including what the piston takes away. Mine is a slant(referring to spark plug orientation) head so maybe it doesn't hold as much as the straight ones. My compression seems to be far from 6:1 or 8:1, and 10.5:1 is what I'll keep in mind when I start tuning it.

I don't mean to flame, and like someone else said, collecting info is great. I personally would not begin to think I have the leeway that 6:1 compression would give me if I were to tune one of these without taking my own measurements.
I have thought on this for several days and I can see no way to use clay in such a manner except to drop it in water and see how much it displaces. The only use for clay in building a motor is to check the piston to valve or piston to cylinder head clearance.

The clear plate method is the most widely accepted way to measure combustion chamber volumes. I can't see sectioning the clay and attempting to measure a compound curved section with a ruler. This introduces too much fudge factor for me.

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
I have thought on this for several days and I can see no way to use clay in such a manner except to drop it in water and see how much it displaces. The only use for clay in building a motor is to check the piston to valve or piston to cylinder head clearance.

The clear plate method is the most widely accepted way to measure combustion chamber volumes. I can't see sectioning the clay and attempting to measure a compound curved section with a ruler. This introduces too much fudge factor for me.
Perhaps you were thinking too hard? Rolling it into a ball and calculating the volume of the ball is how I did it. It's not perfect, but it's closer than estimating how much the dome takes away. Also the way you mentioned, with water would be even more accurate. I didn't think of it, though.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
Creative Engineering made a higher compression head with an improved squish band.
Try searching his posts to find what the compression ratio was.
I would send him a PM but he is banned right now and I don't want to bother him at work.

I am pretty sure it was in the 9 to 1 range.

Anyway as brands of engines have different combustion shapes and sizes any data would be brand specific.
ce head 8:1