If you like your Huasheng 142F-cc 49cc 4 stroke don't do this

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hi you should be able to remove all of the parts for the governor but you will be left with the hole in the engine case, you maybe able to find some kind of plug for that hole you can try an automotive store and try to match the hole with an engine frost plug.

Good luck
Terry
I hope your post didn't inspire him to dismantle his HS looking for a governor........

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I would say to you that if he say's his engine has a governor its a really good chance he actually has an engine with a governor, panhead has been messaged about your concern.

kyle37095

Oct 6, 2015
mo
I have a huasheng 49cc with the ghost racer kit and a 44 tooth rear sprocket. is there any way I can make it faster?

Greenbiker

Feb 12, 2016
Oklahoma
Yes get the best brakes you can find for your bicycle by all means that way when a stupid A car driver makes a right turn in front of you when you are riding a long the curb at 30 MPH you will at least have a chance at stopping
Ive had that happen, i ended up with a side mirror in my gut, luckily we both stopped before he knocked me down. I just gave him a dirty look and a sharp slap on his window. Heck, i had someone turn across me when i was in the right lane and he was in the left, barely avoided getting my front wheel run over. They oughta call MBs dangerfields because we get no respect.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Wow, way old topic but still fun.
The HS 49cc 142F-1G tapered shaft clutch attached version are pretty damn good engines.

I have taken to using it's big brother lately, the HS 53cc 144F-1G engine.
In short they just bore out the cylinder at the factory for about .8 more HP but otherwise the exact same size.

I am also a big fan of the Skyhawk 4G transfer cases with 5:1 reduction, especially the model B with a 100T freewheel pulley not a freewheel sprocket.

I convert them to a 10G long shaft transfer case for direct right side drive for shifting builds.

33.6 mph is really slow, and having to turn 9800 rpm to do it is ridiculous.
Every 49 cc Huasheng or GX Honda I have ridden has gone much faster
at about redline or 8000, more like 38 mph
I have news for you there is not a bicycle on the planet that is meant to do 38 MPH. Bicycles are built to run between 15 & 20 MPH so how about telling me that you can stop in less than a 100 feet going 38 MPH.

100' stop at around 35mph?
More like 10' for my builds.

Dual disc brakes on a relatively light bike makes that happen.

i totally agree with you on that. My bike goes really fast. the ones i've built for people go 35, tops. they're strong enough to do more, but unless i know the guy, i'm not building them a race bike...
35mph is a good speed with good brakes and fatter tires, especially when your legal speed is 19mph.
19mph... Pfttt, nobody I know can actually commute at school zone crosswalk speeds all the time, I sure can't.

My Felt MP set up is a HS 49cc with the 4G 5:1 reduction to a 44 tooth rear sprocket. According to my GPS, my top speed is 39.77mph downhill. No way to find out what RPM's I'm running. Motor is 1.5 years old and always at full throttle. Flat land 34.59 top speed.
Sure you can see rpms, with a ~$25 tachometer/hour meter.
That is one on the goose neck between the speedometer and light.

It shows total Engine Hours when the engine is off, RPM's when it running.
Its nice next to the Speedometer, glance down and see both which is really important with a shifter.

As far as I am concerned a ~50cc needs gears to really be useful and about all I am building these days.

No worries about top RPM, just change gears to make the engine happy for the speed you want, and you don't need many gears.
I find an internal 3-speed to be ideal, but if you have a lot of hills a 5-speed is nice.

This is my latest shifting build with a 5-speed.
The thing will almost climb a tree and still do 40+mph flat out.

And yes, even at those speeds ~10' stopping distance.

As far as performance enhancements go I have two I almost always use.
1. NGK 7544 (CR7HIX) Iridium spark plug.
Its a sparks a bit higher, and it's a bit long for a bit more compression.

2. Ditch the stock can exhaust!
I use what is basally a 2-stroke exhaust with the Catalytic Converter removed for nice exhaust flow but a long pipe or really anything works better than that power sucking can exhaust.

Old topic, but some new info anyway ;-}

http://motorbicycling.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
40 MPH to zero in 10 feet is 5G's.

You can stop at 5G's?

Most impressive.
Naw, never measured stopping distance at 40, but she'll stop in ~10' from ~30 mph.

Bottom line really was to make a point about having good brakes, there simply is no such thing as too much braking power and I was impressed with these builds ability to stop in a hurry.

I wish I would have had brakes like these a couple years back when a big delivery truck cut me off, I careened off him at a good angle but still bit the pavement hard, hospital stay hard, I am talking 'still hurts' hard.

I will repeat my montra...
Absolutely NO motorized bike is safe with just one brake, and the better the brakes you have are, the better the odds are you won't feel the pain too.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
This topic is like putting your car in 2 and trying to go 70.. uh, DUH, what'd you think was gonna happen to your engine?