If you like your Huasheng 142F-cc 49cc 4 stroke don't do this

GoldenMotor.com

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi every one this is a very interesting video on what not to do to your 49cc 4 stroke if you like it. Now I purchased a new handle bar camera mount and this was the first time trying it out and as you all know youtube will only let you upload 10 minute videos. So as my ride progressed I started to run out of time and then I started to push my little 4 stroke really hard to try and finish before the 10 mins runs out. I pushed my little 4 stroke harder than I ever have and as you will see in this 2 part video just what will happen if you push your engine speed to high

YouTube - Huasheng 142f-cc 49cc 4 stroke over speed engine and you will break it like this

YouTube - Huasheng 142f-cc 49cc 4 stroke over speed engine and you will break it like this Part 2

Now I was very lucky in several respects here is why, when my engine blew up the connecting rod did not punch out the side of the engine block. Nor did the piston hit the valves and damage them. The only thing that broke was the connecting rod. I was so lucky that I did not damage the crank or even the little oil dipper on the end cap survived it was a little bent but reusable. So that was all lucky enough and I was also lucky to find from Dwayne at thatdax.com he hooked me up with a new connecting rod of which I could not find any where Else SO TWO THUMBS TO MY MAN DWAYNE AT THATDAX YOUR THE MAN AND I OWE YOU ONE.
Cheers
Terry

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
That would be something to see and yes I pushed it too hard and well the rest is history the my Felt MP is live and well the engine repair was a super easy one no special tools needed.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
So how fast were you going at what rpm's?
I remember you being warned about running the huasheng engine at 10,000 rpm
The redline is 7800 rpm

What ratio is the bike geared at?

Do you have a pic of the broken connecting rod?

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
OK you want info here you go. It has a 4G T belt Drive with a 5:1 ratio trans 10 tooth non free wheel on the trans out put to a 46 tooth on the rear with tires that measure out to 26.5 inches. Topping out at about 33 MPH unconfirmed I have GPS and will confirm the top speed with GPS later. The RPMs where approximately 9500 RPM the engine can reach those RPMs but only for short periods not extended periods as demonstrated in this video. I think that is everything you wanted to know.
One last thing you can take your engines RPMs up high and keep it there but not on a down hill slope the effect of doing that is the same as reving up your engine to max RPM with the tire off the ground no load on the engine. And no load at max RPM will kill an engine for sure
Cheers
Terry

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I Have one more thing to say this was a dumb mistake one that will not be duplicated. But for me it took all of one hour and $30 to repair I did not even have to remove the engine from the frame to make the repairs. For me this was a simple repair but for many this means replacing the engine. I have posted this info to help people understand the limits of there engine. Not for people to come on this post to say I told you so.
Cheers
Terry

Reactions: carl clack

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hey
It was just dumb luck that you didn't damage a lot more parts.......and
thanks for the info and pic

I Have one more thing to say this was a dumb mistake one that will not be duplicated. But for me it took all of one hour and $30 to repair I did not even have to remove the engine from the frame to make the repairs. For me this was a simple repair but for many this means replacing the engine. I have posted this info to help people understand the limits of there engine. Not for people to come on this post to say I told you so.
Cheers
Terry

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Dumb would be thinking that you have to run your engine below 7500 RPM
Huh? 7500?
The redline is 7800 rpm

2000 revs over or 9800 rpm will break stuff on the 49 cc Huasheng 4 stroke
Your bikes are geared wrong

It has a 4G T belt Drive with a 5:1 ratio trans
10 tooth non free wheel on the trans out put to a 46 tooth on the rear
with tires that measure out to 26.5 inches.
Topping out at about 33 MPH unconfirmed I have GPS and will confirm the top speed with GPS later. The RPMs where approximately 9500 RPM the engine can reach those RPMs but only for short periods not extended periods as demonstrated in this video. ]
Your gearing at 7800 = ONLY 26.7 mph

Your gearing at 8800 = ONLY 30.2 mph

Your gearing at 9800 = ONLY 33.6 mph = KABOOM!!!

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Yes I understand you completely no body move nobody gets hurt. Your not talking to a kid I have been doing this stuff my whole life not just driving around on my lawn tractor with a governor thinking the same rules apply for everything. Limits can be exceeded with in reason.

Reactions: carl clack

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
My bike is geared same as stock seems you have the same calc as me so do the math on a stock set up and tell me I have it all wrong 5:1 11 tooth out put 50 tooth rear 0.4 MPH diff

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
My bike is geared same as stock seems you have the same calc as me so do the math on a stock set up and tell me I have it all wrong 5:1 11 tooth out put 50 tooth rear 0.4 MPH diff

So, stock is wrong too, big surprise eh?
Don Grubee has his head up his you know what...

33.6 mph is really slow, and having to turn 9800 rpm to do it is ridiculous.
Every 49 cc Huasheng or GX Honda I have ridden has gone much faster
at about redline or 8000, more like 38 mph

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I have news for you there is not a bicycle on the planet that is meant to do 38 MPH. Bicycles are built to run between 15 & 20 MPH so how about telling me that you can stop in less than a 100 feet going 38 MPH. Now tell me when the bikes are geared to do 30 or less tell me who has it all wrong I think you

Last edited:

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
Hi terry sorry for your loss. I hope that you are observing at least 7 days of morning.
i think that that the manufacturers of kit, are supplying kits with lower gears to meet the law of most states of 25 mph top speed, so they can keep importing them. aka illegal kit if they go faster, this is my thoughts on the matter, i have no proof of this, it is mho. i my self have a hs engine and 4g trans and 44 tooth sprocket tops out at 34 but will cruse at 30 mph all day long, over 144 mpg. going to go to 38 tooth to give me a little more top end with out over revving the engine. good luck Don P

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi Don P
The only loss was me not riding for a week. As I said earlier I had repaired it in an hour at a cost of about $30 bucks so no loss my bike is as happy as it ever was. I am a firm believer that these bike are NOT meant to go over 30 MPH for obvious reasons. They don't have the brakes and they do not have the right bearing in the hubs for excessive speed. I have been reminded the hard way not to break my own rules don't go too fast and all will be well. Having a speedo and a tiny tach of witch should arrive any day now and some common sense will keep my engine safe not over gearing it so it will just burn out the clutch.
Cheers
Terry

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
One last thing here the EZ Qmatic's have the maxtorque clutch that can handle the over gearing that will force the engine to NOT rev high because it will just plain run out of horse power. EZ has done this for obvious reasons they want to offer a long warranty and the only way they are willing to do that is to keep their engine kits from revving high by gearing them so they will not rev high. Unlike the 4G it has a much weaker clutch that will not allow you to do that if you do your consequence will be a burnt out clutch in no time at all leaving you with only one choice use some restraint and lower gearing.
Terry

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
I have news for you there is not a bicycle on the planet that is meant to do 38 MPH. Bicycles are built to run between 15 & 20 MPH so how about telling me that you can stop in less than a 100 feet going 38 MPH. Now tell me when the bikes are geared to do 30 or less tell me who has it all wrong I think you
i disagree. cheap bicycles are built to do 15 or 20 (in the case of some of the cheaper walmart specials, i'd be afraid to even go that fast.)

but with modern sealed bearings, heavy gauge spokes (the 1903 has 12g spokes, right?) and a well made bike, assembled by a competent mechanic, can easily exceed 30mph.

modern road bikes regularly go 35 to 40 under pedal power, and a guy went 118mph on a mountain bike down a volcano. (trying to beat his record, he went 130 something and the bike exploded, so i maybe there is a limit:))

my daily rider does well over 30, and stops no problem with a 70mm drum brake up front and a coaster in the rear. and it's built for it.

Felt makes a quality bike, and with a few more upgrades, i think it could easily handle 50mph+.

i think what's most important, in the case of most people, is should they go over 30 on a bike...

Don P

Sep 1, 2010
indiana
hi all as for brakes I got a 90mm drum on front and a DURA-ACE REAR BRAKE it stops well. but i am changing over to disc, 203mm front and rear. since I need to repaint the bike I can mig me a rear mount for disc brake on rear. and I am going to get a Springer with disc mount for the front.

30mph is plenty fast on a bicycle i just want to keep up with traffic.