My third build

GoldenMotor.com

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Tom

That Norton bike is just too cool and your seat looks real comfortable. I have looked it over before and really like the looks of that bike. The only trouble I would have using that style of seat is that I really use the heck out of my rear bike rack. I do a lot of buying and selling online and use my bike to haul a lot of packages to and from the post office. The rack is easy to bungee stuff to. Perhaps if I went with a seat like yours...that would give me an excuse to build a trailer or side car to haul packages?

Ray

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Have added a few things to my bike since last post. A new tool bag and a long exhaust. Sounds great and does a nice job putting noise behind the rider. My next addition will be a right rear folding basket. Never know when you might have to do some hauling.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Love the bike and the patio heater. Char and I just bought one. We cheat and use propane but we've been enjoying sitting on the patio at night by the fire. No wood smoke smells but the flames are mesmerizing just the same.

Is this the bike I get to ride with next week? Cool! Maybe we can trade off for a few miles. Really looking forward to this, Ray.

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Tom

Our little patio heater uses wood. My wife and I end up moving around the thing several times as the smoke seems to follow a person. Propane would be cleaner for sure.

Yes..that is the bike I will be riding for our cruise. Hope it holds up well for cruise. Am I going to get the pleasure to cruise with Captain America or the Norton? I really dig both those bikes and to be able to take a lap on either one of those would be a real honor. Actually kinda feel like I have already taken a cruise on both those bikes thanks to your youtube vids. I need to mount some ape hangers on my laptop so I can really get the full effect.lol

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm bringing the Norton bike. My old favorite and the one I've put more miles on. The chopper will fit my bike carrier but it sticks out the sides. It's longer than a Ford Ranger is wide :)

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I'm bringing the Norton bike. My old favorite and the one I've put more miles on. The chopper will fit my bike carrier but it sticks out the sides. It's longer than a Ford Ranger is wide :)

Tom
That's excellent. That Norton is a real cool looking ride.
Just checked weather and it looks like low 60's and sunny for the ride. Should feel like a nice fall day for our cruise. May have to pack a Thermos full of hot coffee for the ride and take few warm up breaks along the route. Going to take a drive this morning a check out our route.

tmonstar1

Sep 26, 2014
nashville
Is that a stock nt carb with the cone filter on it? Im wondering if the hp carbs are really worth it, if you can get good airflow with your nt.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Is that a stock nt carb with the cone filter on it? Im wondering if the hp carbs are really worth it, if you can get good airflow with your nt.
Yes..it is just a stock NT carb with low profile K&N type filter. Mid range is where it really seems to shine. With the stock filter it would "burble" or 4 stroke a bit at mid throttle. The aftermarket filter seems to have taken care of that issue and the engine runs pretty smooth at all throttle positions.