2nd build is a 4 stroke with 32 tooth sproket

GoldenMotor.com

Scol

Jan 10, 2014
Ireland
I am after selling my 66cc 2 stroke ( first build )and I'm after buying a
49cc 4 stroke.

I also purchased a 32 tooth sproket the plan is to fit the standard 44 tooth sproket and run it for a few weeks and then change it for the smaller 32 tooth.
Has anyone got any experance in using a 32 tooth with a 49cc 4 stroke ?
I do live in a hilly area but I don't mind peddling up hills to help the engine.

I'm waiting on the engine to be delivered before I get a 2nd hand bike as I want to make sure everything fits. It will probably be a mountain bike or hibred with 27/28 inch wheels.

Shey in Ireland.

Scol

Jan 10, 2014
Ireland
I got my kit today, now I need to buy a bike. has anyone got any experance in putting a 32 tooth on a 49 4 stroke ???

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
I agree with MBR, I have an HS-142 4-stroke that has served me well for about 4 years, and although I don't have to deal with many hills it can't pull them like my 66cc 2-stroke. I went to a 64 tooth rear sprocket and can pretty much pull it from a dead stop but usually pedal for a bit and then go to full throttle to get the centrifugal clutch engaged. I'm 6'1" and 180 lbs so maybe a lighter load would make a difference.

Hope to make another trip to your country in the next year or so. Wonderful place!

Dan

Scol

Jan 10, 2014
Ireland
It's a kit from the UK as I'm based in Ireland nothing special just a chineese import.

I had a 66cc 2 stroke with a 44 tooth sproket but I found it a bit slow on my commute as it's 32 miles round trip on wide roads and no cops on the roads over here so speed is not an Issue ( the faster the better )

Do you think the smaller 32 tooth sproket is too small ? I'm also 180 lbs I cycle so I don't mind peddling. I don't want to put too much pressure on the engine.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
I'm not the technician a lot of the fellas are, but I don't think you'll be happy with a small rear sprocket. I think if you are looking for speed you should look at what some of these guys are doing with gearing and shift kits. Not something I'm interested in but I have seen a lot of discussion over the years. You should be able to find some threads that can help you. Look through the threads in the 4-stroke section and I bet you'll find something.

Good luck,
Dan