how many bikes do you have?

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I currently have 2 bikes. One is complete (if you can call it that, lol). Its a Huffy Cranbrook with a 66cc ht engine kit with some customization. Non-kit items include a 1.8gal fuel tank, an Arrow Cycles expansion chamber, a homemade brake light, and a 6v headlight that runs on a mini-generator off the magnet. The other bike is an American made Schwinn cantilever frame, and will be getting a 98cc flathead 4 stroke engine, Suzuki motorcycle forks, a Howard sprocket adapter, and some parts from my current bike (which will then be decommisioned) including the tank, seat, wheels, luggage rack and brake light.

yimmie

Feb 9, 2010
allentown, PA
lol good post. i wish my basement was that big. i currently have 3 motorbikes- a 1955 schwinn chopper, 1955 rollfast board track racer replica,and a worksman vintage delivery. Also columbia tricycle with 6.5 hp tecumseh motor, a vintage sears minibike, and a 2003 indian scout motorcycle- 88cu S S motor.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I have two builds and a third in planning- a classic "Chinese Junk" with extra large front basket and saddle bag baskets on back with trunk rack bag over that- a real "hauler" she'll be- about three or four grocery sacks worth.

then my 67 Peugeot PX10

and a 700 C GT commuter with upright bars

and then a vintage Daccordi Columbus tubing road bike frame in the closet in case the Peugeot ever breaks

There's a Kaluna Cruiser in the garage that needs a rear wheel- probably get rid of soon.

unimog

Dec 14, 2012
1 MB, 2 hardtails, 1 tratholon bike, 1 old cruser, 1 downhill unicycle, 1 three wheeled unicycle, 1 36 coker, 1 29er, 1 18" unicycle. That's it usflg

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
As a business builder I don't really have a fixed number of bikes other than there is always a couple here ready to ride. I try to keep a 'Personal Ride' around but tend to keep wanting to try new things and let them go if the price is right or I get new thing to try bug.

I am between bikes now but here are a couple of my previous Personal Rides.

Bad Mojo
This Giant Suede bike went through 3 transitions from it's original form which was a stock 48cc Skyhawk jackshafted to the Suede's internal 3-speed and the bike I am on in my icon pic here, to a performance maxed 66cc Skyhawk with NuVinci Dev Kit programmable fully automatic internal hub shifter until I shreaded that NuVinci hub, to the same maxed 66cc with a custom glass pack muffler and an internal 3-speed before I named it Bad Mojo after a wreck and sold it.

I gave the NuVinci N170 hub a try with a performance maxed 66cc Skyhawk on a Cadillac Fleetwood.

Note this is a bad idea. I shredded the first NuVinci but the second held up if I didn't try to power shift drag race it.

I liked the Caddy and built a few more ending with this Electric Caddy as my Personal Ride.

That was supposed to be my final Personal Ride and I loved the thing!
I replaced the stock fork with a nice dual piston fork with a V-brake and set of handlebars that were as naturally comfortable riding for me as I have ever felt.
Clean, comfortable, virtually maintenance free and ready to ride with the flick of a switch.

36V 960W was OK but it suffered from a bad battery that limited it to about 3 miles so when I had the chance to use the rest of the electric kit in a shifting trike I did.

The trike is use now with the old battery and the new one for a custom trike pack that should be here next week, and the Caddy is in the bike stall being re-tasked as my shop foreman buddy Jason's new Personal Ride as a 48cc Skyhawk shifter.

What's next for my Personal Ride?
It has to be better than the last.

A 1KV+ 48V Electric Shifter 'assist' for sure, the only question that remains is what riding base I choose to 'assist' next because that Electric Caddy set my comfort bar pretty high and there are some pretty cool exotic bicycles out there that could never take gas but could take Electric ;-}

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I am actually bike-less at the moment, but only because my last hunk of chinese junk died on me and I'm taking my time building something that will be decent and actually last awhile. Here are the details of what I'm building. An American made Schwinn cantilever frame, a pair of Suzuki K10 hydraulic motorcycle forks with a Worksman front drum, a Huffy rim with upgraded bearings and a Howard sprocket adapter, a Worksman seat, a 1 gallon peanut tank, and a 98cc Lifan flathead 4 stroke with the AGK transmission. I'm really doing my best to build this bike to be safe and reliable and hoping that with proper regular maintenance, I'll get at least a few years out of it. This will be my daily driver, and the only bike I intend to build as a personal ride for as long as it remains operational. I don't have money for some of the parts right now, so the bike is in my basement right now and I do whatever prep work I can to get it ready. The K10 forks are mounted and so is the front wheel, not an easy task but its done. Its about all I can do at the moment besides some painting until I get a new axle for the rear wheel. The stock one is unuseable, as the nut holding the brake arm does not want to come off.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I really wish I had enough money to have a whole fleet like you guys do haha I'm just a poor high school kid
I have no personal fleet of MB's, not even 1 MB that's my personal ride at the moment, but I usually have 2 or 3 brand new ones in the shop that need more test riding before they get released the customer.

The bad side to this if we didn't do something perfect the flaws show themselves and usually not comfortably close to the shop.

The good side is that rarely happens and most builds start right up and run great, other than the basic adjustments and tightening we enjoy brand new rides pretty much whenever we want to, but that usually means taking one for a parts run.

The old 2 birds with 1 stone thing which has always made me scratch my head, who ever tries to kill 1 bird by throwing a rock at it?

copmagnet, you don't want a fleet of MB's, you have your whole 'after teen' years ahead of you and won't want to be dating on an MB ;-}