Harbor 79cc Build, could use a bit of help

GoldenMotor.com

Da Pedal

Apr 9, 2014
Fortress of Solitude, Florida
I'm trying to make sure i get this build right the first time. I'm Ordering most of the parts today.

so far i've gotten the engine but AGK is out of a bolt or something for thier jackshaft

I've heard that the GTC jackshaft can be used in its place and long story short i need an alternative to the AGK thats not gonna break the bank. Does anyone know any alternatives and if the following are canidates

GTC?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwtGj8oVxb0
http://gokartsusa.com/Lifan-Honda-Gokart-Engine-Minibike-1.aspx
http://www.piratecycles1.com/gtcbienjakit.html

Will the PMR Jackshaft fit and if so which one?

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
I have a complete (aside from chain) unused AGK jackshaft kit + the alum cover I might be willing to sell for less than new, PM me if you're interested.
Take advantage of this offer...

Pick up the #35 and #41 chain from mcmaster.com. Get the clutch, mounting plate, throttle linkage, and other accessories from age. You'll be on the road in no time flat?

Do you have a bike yet for the build? The 79cc fit nicely in my micargi rover.

Da Pedal

Apr 9, 2014
I had already bought the GTC jackshaft a day or so before the responses, i definitely would've bought yours aleman, anyone know if i'm S.o.l? Or if it'll work ? , i'm pretty sure i saw a yellow bike on here with one. I wish i had just waited now :/ . We'll see tho, i'll post the results

Bldr1000

Aug 26, 2013
Hoover, Alabama
They will now sell the jackshaft without the 4 bolts 5/16-24-3/4. They come ina pack of 4 at Lowes for about $1.50. The only thing is ......can you get in touch with them. They have not ever answered the phone for me and its impossible to communicate with an answering machine.

Da Pedal

Apr 9, 2014
They will now sell the jackshaft without the 4 bolts 5/16-24-3/4. They come ina pack of 4 at Lowes for about $1.50. The only thing is ......can you get in touch with them. They have not ever answered the phone for me and its impossible to communicate with an answering machine.

It was really easy to get ahold of them. However there phones were down when i first made the order so initially it was a no go.

Now AGK or AffordableGoKarts thats a different story i'm pretty skeptical of how its gonna end with them.

ordered alot of parts from different vendors on the 11th. i placed an order for a clutch and motor plate (both in stock) with AGK , its a week later and still not a word, bank says it cleared right away and that they officially took the money on the 14th, yet it still says pending on their website... I looked on their facebook and twitt, and theirs alot of people up in arms over not getting thier merchandise or any kind of communicative response. I myself try to call every now and again and sent emails. None of it offensive, just genuinely inquiring about the order and have only been met with a dead end so far....

i placed an order yesterday from some other vendors and their all also on schedule to also get here before AGK's ( if it comes )

Gonna get some pics up soon.

if anyones got a new/good clutch shoot me a pm

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
It was really easy to get ahold of them. However there phones were down when i first made the order so initially it was a no go.

Now AGK or AffordableGoKarts thats a different story i'm pretty skeptical of how its gonna end with them.

ordered alot of parts from different vendors on the 11th. i placed an order for a clutch and motor plate (both in stock) with AGK , its a week later and still not a word, bank says it cleared right away and that they officially took the money on the 14th, yet it still says pending on their website... I looked on their facebook and twitt, and theirs alot of people up in arms over not getting thier merchandise or any kind of communicative response. I myself try to call every now and again and sent emails. None of it offensive, just genuinely inquiring about the order and have only been met with a dead end so far....

i placed an order yesterday from some other vendors and their all also on schedule to also get here before AGK's ( if it comes )

Gonna get some pics up soon.

if anyones got a new/good clutch shoot me a pm
Dealing with AGK? Good luck!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I didn't mess with trying to do my own gear reduction for this 79cc Pred build, I just bought a Q-matic with the bolt pattern to fit it.
Nice though really wide belt transfer case.

I dropped it into a 29" Macargi Fatal Love single speed bike I added front and rear C brakes to because if I am going to jackshaft something it will be over to the pedal side so the engine uses the bikes gears which you certainly would not want to do with the 79cc Pred.

The mount plate was a leftover from 142F/4G shift kit jackshaft build, and the exhaust a leftover 2-stroke build pipe cut and welded to fit in nice.

Simple to maintain, surprisingly quite to operate, and plenty fast as a direct drive with those 29" wheels.