Just A Pic of My Girl at 493 Miles

GoldenMotor.com

Russ McClay

Jan 21, 2013
Taipei
She's a hard working girl. I'm pushing her up 16% grades all day long. She appreciates a bit a pedaling some times though. lol

I'm glad to be a part of this community where several others share my joy in having the best toy they ever had.

-r

Attachments

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
She's a hard working girl. I'm pushing her up 16% grades all day long. She appreciates a bit a pedaling some times though. lol

I'm glad to be a part of this community where several others share my joy in having the best toy they ever had.

-r
Nice clean build. Change the ty-wraps to black or pick up some control cable clips, will make it look even cleaner. If you build or buy a shift kit you cn make use of those multi speeds. Good job!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Looks like a real nice clean build to me. I've ridden up a few hills myself, and always have appreciation for the hard work my tiny little motor is doing for me.

UVsaturated

May 15, 2008
Dayton, Ohio
That's a clean bike.

My girl is a real dirty greaser.
Washing my bike is not one of my talents.

But it works good because I made (still making) it that way and I am happy about my dirty girl.
That is what I was about to say. I've got a similar amount of miles on my bike and it is no where near that clean. How do you keep your bikes so clean if you ride them that much? My engine and bike is filthy with road dirt. You must wash them regularly I would imagine.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks for sharing that nice clean build, Russ. Looks like you've done everything right and the fact that she's giving you lots of enjoyment proves it.
Have fun, ride safe.

Tom

Russ McClay

Jan 21, 2013
Taipei
Nice clean build. Change the ty-wraps to black or pick up some control cable clips, will make it look even cleaner. If you build or buy a shift kit you cn make use of those multi speeds. Good job!
Great suggestion on the ties! I'll do it! As for the shift kit...I've been thinking about it.

Russ McClay

Jan 21, 2013
Taipei
That is what I was about to say. I've got a similar amount of miles on my bike and it is no where near that clean. How do you keep your bikes so clean if you ride them that much? My engine and bike is filthy with road dirt. You must wash them regularly I would imagine.
One thing is I only ride on streets and never in the rain. Also I keep an oil rag and wipe down the frame after riding. That's probably it.

UVsaturated

May 15, 2008
Dayton, Ohio
One thing is I only ride on streets and never in the rain. Also I keep an oil rag and wipe down the frame after riding. That's probably it.
That explains a lot. It's not that I don't like to keep my bike clean, but I don't have time for it and I live in a seasonal location with a lot of road salts and dirt. It can't be helped but to get dirty and cruddy. There is no avoiding it! Maybe come spring I will give her a bath, but the bike wasn't pretty to begin with!