I hit 50mph on my cell phone...

GoldenMotor.com

The 26incher

Dec 19, 2009
Pepeekeo, HI
Ok, I'm going to post a Youtube link as soon as I get my wife and neighbor to play along so you guys don't think I'm full of S#!T. I downloaded an apt for my wife's cell phone to give me MPH(really KPH). I'm running a 34 tooth sprocket so if someone could give me RPM at 50 mph I would really like to know. The engine is an older RAW with a cut out on the bottom of the piston on the intake side. I took the jug to a moped guy here on The Big Island and he did a stage 1 port job. The head is a MM with the base gasket removed. I had a hand made intake built out of an old handlebar. The intake flange matches the port almost exactly. The carb is a Yamaha GT80 that I have jetted pretty damn close. The plug is a nice cocoa brown. I made an exhaust pipe using a pocket bike exhaust. Again, the exhaust flange matches the port almost exactly. Nothing has been done to the lower end. The engine rips! Like I said I'll be posting a Youtube link soon. Please give me RPM if you know the ratio of 34 tooth sprocket and 26 x 195 tires. Thanks....

Attachments

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
ok, i'll play along with this.
no, i don't think your full of **** because all of the mods you listed, AND the fact that you have a 34 tooth sprocket on those HUGE 26" wheels and monster tall tires.....I can see 50 mph.
heck if i put a 32 tooth rear sprocket on my stock 50 c.c., it would eventually hit 50 mph too. it would probably take over a mile to get to 50, and i'd probably have tp peddle it up to 20 mph before i could release the clutch, but i bet it could be done.
Right now, my bike has a stock 50 c.c. 2 stroke with an expansion chamber, high flow air filter, re-jetted stock carb and 100% stock internals. I'm running a 41 tooth sprocket on 20" wheels with a 22" tall rear tire, and i'm getting 30 mph out of it. if i put a taller rear tire on it i could probably squeek a couple more mph out of it.
don't take that the wrong way, not trying to be a smart ass...I beleive that you got 50 mph out of that bike.
I'm just saying that you can gear almost anything to get crazy top speeds with a stock engine.
but you have a ton of mods done to it, so that thing must have some pretty good torque to get it moving on it's own with that tall geraring and tall tires.
how accurate is that app on your phone?

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
. I downloaded an apt for my wife's cell phone to give me MPH(really KPH). I'm running a 34 tooth sprocket so if someone could give me RPM at 50 mph I would really like to know. Please give me RPM if you know the ratio of 34 tooth sprocket and 26 x 195 tires. Thanks....
fast looking bike. :D

You have to measure the diameter of the wheel.
My 26" x 2.125" tires measure out at 26.5" diameter.

34 tooth sprocket
26" diameter wheel
9000 rpm = 49.9 mph
9020 rpm = 50 mph

The 26incher

Dec 19, 2009
Pepeekeo, HI
Thanks for the rpm MotorcycleBicycleRacing. Is there a gearing calculator you use online?
Well I knew I was going to get $#!T for posting this without a video. I have no idea how accurate the apt is but the engine is scream'n! I have no problem believing the engine is hitting 9 grand. The guy I had port the jug did widen and raise the exhaust port. The engine does not take long at all to wind up... the video will show. I can start off from almost a dead stop. I need a 3rd person to hold the camera while my wife drives. The GT80 carb with the big intake is the hot ticket. 36 pilot and 95 main! Put that in your pipe and smoke it...

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=14692

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You said ". I downloaded an apt for my wife's cell phone to give me MPH(really KPH)."

So why is it so hard to believe you hit 50 kph?
That's about right.