skyhawk or no?

GoldenMotor.com

transam8405

Jul 6, 2011
Illinois
I am looking into getting a kit from these ppl at bikemotorkit.com because the way they talk there kits are alot better built than the others. But of coarse they are going to say that about there kit. So I am wondering if I should go with them or mabye somebody like the skyhawk. Any advice would greatly help.

P.S This will be my first build.

joeltrain

Jul 4, 2011
Douglasville GA
I have had 2 GT5 66cc one 2009 and one 2010. My 2009 broke the motor mount bolts off in the crankcase. Ruined. It was my fault. Make SURE chains make NO noises AT ALL rolling forward with clutch in. I have learned this the hard expensive way. My 2010 is the biggest pos i have ever laid my eyes/hands on. If i didn;t have so much $ in it i would smash it into little pieces, crap on it and mail it to Mr. Grubee himself. The '09 came with Speed carb. I had to use it to get the '10 to run. The chinese did not tighten the head bolts or the gear that runs the clutch. Blew head gasket and lower cyl sleeve gasket on 1st start. Bolt holding gear went THROUGH clutch cover. Will not run right no matter what i do. Jet changes included.

IF you decide to go with the Skyhawk, DO the following:
try to order a '09, if u can only get a '10 go ahead and get a NT or Speed carb
the CNS will not work.
get an in./lbs torque wrench and torque EVERY single bolt on it.
after a 10 min ride tighten EVERY single bolt again especially the head and motor mounts
This sounds like a pain, but it is absolutely necessary. Trust me.

In short, if you are patient and mechanically inclined good luck with the skyhawk, it is extremely inexpensive

if you are not mechanically incl. a 4 stroke would prob be better for you. unfortunately they are expensive. Looked to me like about $300-500.

Hope this helps. Good luck, you're likely to need it. lol