small hole

GoldenMotor.com

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
started up my nephews zoom 80 cc engine today and there is a small pin hole by the block . had some exaust comming out of it and smoke , bike runs good i'm just worried about it a bit it all , is there anything i can use to seal it that will hold up to the heat ?

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
You might need a new jug depending on where the leak starts at. If it's up on top and is leaking around the head stud, grooves could be etched by hot gasses and sealing the outside would do no good. It will just blow off.

What I don't understand, is the hole in the part where the stud goes through or is it near the intake port? If it is coming out the stud then a new jug, piston and rings will be needed. There are more problems than JB Weld can fix :p

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
it will work though, i have used jb weld for many many things. i have used jb weld on my old cars exhaust system and manifold. it held, im more than willing to bet it would fix this too, just use alot of it and make sure you mix it very very thoroughly.

ex-28

May 23, 2010
winnipeg, Manitoba
hole is right by intake port right between jug and intake port bike has lots of compresson and runs good doent seem to affect anything , but need to get it plugged , will try jb weld :)

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
There are better versions of JB that are stronger and more resistant to heat... JB is kinda like the cheap version....although it does work wonders. :D