Cruising Free on a Motorized Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Decatur man cruising free on his motorized bikes
By TONY REID Herald-Review.com

(I believe this article is about one of Motorbicycling.com members)

DECATUR — Scott File is in love, and he’s on a roll.

The Decatur entrepreneur first came to public attention three years ago when he was spotted commuting to work on a motorized bicycle that got more than 100 miles to the gallon. Now the 6-foot-tall peripatetic visionary says the popularity of these bikes is accelerating and their gift to gas-price-weary Americans is a promised land of cheap and fun locomotion.

File says self-propelled bikes are like a Valentine’s card sent from the nostalgic past of this nation’s love affair with the open road. Just like the early mass-production days of the automobile, gas-powered bicycles flaunt the seduction of cheap transportation and a sense of adventure with little official regulation to get in the way. No insurance, tax or other legal hassles to detour your ride into the broad, sunlit uplands of low-cost mobility.

“Now, if you start riding on the sidewalk and running over Grandma, the cops are going to look at you funny,” warns File, 40. “But if you are just cruising down the road nice and easy, well, I’ve never had a problem.”

Read more... Decatur man cruising free on his motorized bikes

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Re: Cruising Free on a MB

Cool

Was just wondering what happened to your "MBs in the news" thread yesterday while driving to work. The pic of the burnt MB is still stuck in my head.
What can I say Dan?....I was doing my weekly clean up of the forum getting rid of all the deleted threads and post that members delete for what ever reason and instead of deleting a few post I goofed and deleted the whole thread.

My apologize for my mistake, we can always re-post it.