CDI Conectors different from engine connectors?

GoldenMotor.com

bfgmovies

Aug 28, 2010
Statesboro, GA
So the connectors on my CDI are completely different than the connectors on my engine and they totally don't fit together.. each connector on my CDI have to round tube like things where as on my engine the conectos look like one small tube thing and they don't connect to eachother at all. is this common on these engines and do you have to solder them? thanks!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
all of mine have the same "butt" connectors on them, one side male, the other female, with the clear silicone boots on them.

those connectors are pretty crappy, so i cut them off and solder the wires anyway. i relocate the cdi under the motor, mount a kill button somewhere other than the grip, use a longer plug wire, and heat shrink everything so it looks cleaner. i hate having wires all over my bikes.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
So the connectors on my CDI are completely different than the connectors on my engine
Were the my CDI and motor in the same kit?
We can toss darts at this for a week but without any real details don't expect much.

Like bairdco I don't use the stock wiring either.
Upgraded wiring and connectors do help if you know what wires do what.

bfgmovies

Aug 28, 2010
Statesboro, GA
Were the my CDI and motor in the same kit?
We can toss darts at this for a week but without any real details don't expect much.

Like bairdco I don't use the stock wiring either.
Upgraded wiring and connectors do help if you know what wires do what.
thanks for the info
yeah they were from the same kit.. I was thinking about soldering them anyway, I just didn't know if that was a good or bad thing to notice in your kit.. If I had a camera I would take pics but I won't have one till Wednesday