heavy riders

GoldenMotor.com

cam420

Apr 26, 2012
fredericksburg, va
my suspension term is over in about 40 days now so as long as I keep it simple and safe I should be good as far as the law goes I suppose. I don't have a lot of spare cash for getting a new rim or one of those clampy things that attach to the hub. I was going to jb weld the rear sprocket to the hub after clamping it down with the stock parts to jeep the tork off the spokes for the most part. (I moved to va from cali, I remember back people used to drop bricks off the bridges that went over the freeways. scary **** man) thanks everyone for the help and as soon as these jerkoffs send my replacement motor ill be finished and ready to ride. (I do not recommend buying an SD stinger. horrible customer experience. I wont be doing business with then ever again!) from what I read stingers are the same as the gt5'S wish I knew that beforehand lol. also! has anyone ever stepped up the voltage on these motors to run 12v lights? was just a thought.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
On eBay there is an auxillary coil that goes on the backside of the magneto in the space that's left. It hooks in series with the white wire to give you 12 volts. I'd recommend a voltage regulator(which the same company has)to smooth the power out. Mine came with a battery pack of AA batteries but I went to a sealed lead acid battery. If you watch eBay you can get a real good battery shipped for under $20.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPECIAL-DEA...776?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d30d10740

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
a good option is get a 36 hole moped rear axle with a freewheel [puch motobecane] and lace a rim. you get drum brakes and a lot more h-d axle get the front too and you can stop on a dime at any motorized bicycle speed for years with little maint.