Found ethonal free

GoldenMotor.com

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
So I found from what I can tell the only place in corvallis Oregon that sells ethanol free gas it sucks that it is the higher octane but I think it is better on the carb so I am going to try it out. I can not wait for my tank to get empty.

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Consider youself lucky, chicagoland has the worst gas in the country(for these bikes) , cramed with all kinds of "extra" stuff and oxy.ized.
Don't think ths octane is that big an issue myself
Post some coments on your results after you burn some thru.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
the only problem with hi-octane is if its avgas [heating agent -35deg 18,000 feet] and its a waste on low compression. if your worried put it in a plastic gas can and it'll be down to 91 in no time, ever notice race gas is in 55gal steel drums,

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Amen.........! Just like all the other global warming junk IMO!

ooooops I'm sorry they call it climate change now...... Oh thats right we aren't smart enough to figure out that the climate is always changing and is most effected by the sun and sea.......Ethanol in our fuel is about pushing an agenda and lining curtain peoples pockets, just like the rest of the "GREEN" stuff IMHO.

Peace

:-||

Ethanol is such a scam....

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Ethanol is such a scam....
Actually... you may already be aware of this, but ethanol itself is a wonderful fuel that's been used in racing for years, even as a substitute for methanol racing fuel as it is less corrosive and toxic... and there's the fact it's a renewable resource we can produce domestically.

The only issue with ethanol itself is the engine needs be built for it with raised compression and alcohol resistant components, the only "scam" is the horrid practice of mixing it with a completely different fuel type, gasoline - which ofc when pawned off on the public to run in unmodified engines results in decreased fuel efficiency (buy more please) and repairs/replacement parts (buy more please).

If straight ethanol was readily available around here, I'd convert my four stroke in a heartbeat ;)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
So... that has what to do with ethanol then?

All I'm saying is ethanol itself isn't as bad as the hype & hysteria has made it out to be - that it's the ethanol/gasoline blends that are causing all the problems, it's those blends that are an abomination, not alcohol as a fuel.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
All motors blow up when pushed beyond the limits a motor is capable of withstanding. the more the HP the motor the bigger the mess it makes and more it drains your wallet. You run a motor at 100% of full power/rpm all the time it will not last as long as a motor run at 75% of max

Dragsters blow motors all the time... normally in HUGE balls of flames and scattered parts

To run correctly on a ethanol blend fuel it has to be designed to run on it. More adjustable timing and higher compression and a richer fuel to air mix. With out those it will not run as well as it will in a Flex Fuel designed car

Dymaxion

Jan 1, 2010
Michigan
Barely,

I love that pic. Top fuelers just make me smile. So much raw power it would make a prius-driving greeny sick to their stomach. Awesome...

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Ethanol won't hurt engines, what it does hurt is the ole fuel lines in auto and boats that won't hold up to it, but we change them out with what will hold up. What hurts is that ethanol adsorbs moisture and can settle in a fuel tank (at the station also) or carburetor bowl (causing corrosion), so, every so often, drain your fuel bowl. Do not store for long periods of time. Now what is bad and as far as I see a crime, is that it cost more (uses more energy) to produce ethanol then the available power it produces. Mileage is lower (per GPM), so you have to burn even more. Farmers selling corn for ethanol drives up prices on all the products that corn is used for.

In 2011 an estimated 13.8 billion gallons of ethanol were produced, 3.7 billion gallons of it at 41 plants in Iowa. Ethanol production now consumes 5 billion bushels of the 12.4-billion-bushel U.S. corn crop.

So in the guise of saving the air quality, we degrade our water quality.
http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/965919/more_ethanol_means_more_corn__and_more_water_pollution/

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
We've got a 100% gas station here in Oak Ridge Tennessee. Yes it cost more but I only buy enough to fill my 96 oz tank. I also run my lawn mower and weed eater on it. The benefits are smother running at top end speeds. So that I don't have to rebuild my engine to perform better off mixed fuels; I'll stick to the 100% gas for as long as it last.