favorite 2-stroke oil and mix

GoldenMotor.com

oldspeedsi

Nov 12, 2009
ABQ,NM
Just wandering what every one is running out there just got my setup broken in and tuned its a basic 66cc jet motor kit with SBC pipe and I use AMSOIL dominator Synthetic 2-Cycle Racing Oil at 40:1 but it smells very fishy (really no joke) and not much smoke at all please post your favorite combo.

Im sure this has ben done before but im a noob and like fresh feedback if you got itbrnotdnutusflg

oldspeedsi

Nov 12, 2009
ABQ,NM
Try a local M/C shop they have the good stuff!!! and supports the local economy that's my source. 10.99 a quart ish

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
Man i just got a good deal on a gal of amsoil hp injecter, and now I don't even want it after reading this. I gotta try the Opti 2

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I used Penzoil for air cooled engines, 40:1 Cheap, and makes just a little smoke when cold, none after warm up.

mark880088

Feb 22, 2010
Springfield Illinois
I always used Klotz synthetic in my kx250. It was the best by far for the kx. It's the only thing I have used in my china motor, so I have nothing to compare to in that engine. Smells good too lol
.crt.

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Ditto on adding one ouce per gallon of Castor. The benefits are too numerable to mention but most importantly, you'll get piece of mind.

sellouma

Jan 8, 2010
New York
Hello everybody,
i am breaking in my MB using Craftsman 16 oz. 2-Cycle Oil.
I drove about 50 miles so far.
Now that i 've read about other types of oils, I am wondering if I m using the right oil or i can get something better.is anybody using Craftsman 16 oz. 2-Cycle Oil?if so, what do you think about it?
your inputs are much appreciated

barbarycoastmb

Feb 26, 2010
san francisco
Hi all, fisrt time here, just wanted to say that ive been using valvoline 2 stroke.. basic stuff and no smoke what so ever using 4 oz to 1 gal. ive used two tank fulls so far and all is well.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Hello everybody,
i am breaking in my MB using Craftsman 16 oz. 2-Cycle Oil.
I drove about 50 miles so far.
Now that i 've read about other types of oils, I am wondering if I m using the right oil or i can get something better.is anybody using Craftsman 16 oz. 2-Cycle Oil?if so, what do you think about it?
your inputs are much appreciated
That oil is fine. Break in at 24:1 and go to 40:1 after a tank or two.

Homeless Bob

Feb 25, 2010
Louisiana
Quick question. Has anyone ever experimented with Duralube or Slick-50 type additives?

I've used Duralube in VW's and my Jeep for years and believe it really does work... would love to give the new 2 Smoker I'm about to buy the same "added protection"... or is it not that important?