Fun on Rockhopper

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
cool video, i have a rockhopper too.
no motor for mine though.

looks like you were really hauling ass with the camera pointed down that much. what is your speed on that bike?
LOL, I did not video the speedo for that very reason, It's for me to know and the guys at Death Race to find out lol. Mostly when it's pointing to the ground it is because I am tucked down. It is one fast bike, thats all I will say.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Yesterday on our Rally I noticed a lot of blow by, it's also guzzling a ton of fuel. The Death Race should be called "The Death of your Motor Race"

After the first death race it would smoke until it warmed up but now it is smoking all the time running 40:1

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Been getting the Rockhopper ready for DR. I swapped out the heavy rear steel wheel for a lighter alloy Araya 26x1.5 He V-20 made in Japan. I also have two more gears to help with pedaling at higher speeds.

Last edited:

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Is that your mutt in the pic of your rockhopper and the other bike.Looks like a pitbull mix black lab. The bike on the right is sick man, whos is that?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Is that your mutt in the pic of your rockhopper and the other bike.Looks like a pitbull mix black lab. The bike on the right is sick man, whos is that?
No mix or mutts here buddy, thats Milo bloodline Zebo or Adam's Zebo

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Here are some updated pics of the Hopper. I took the hopper to work today, did not do very well in the rain with no fenders this morning. I think I sucked some water in the carb from the air filter. But it ran fine on the way home.

I really need to get a smaller pipe for it, and it smokes like crazy and guzzles fuel. But she is still fast for a motor with over 9,000 miles.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
It did not start guzzling fuel till after the Oct. Death race. I have lost a lot of compression and 6mph as well. The motor is tired and it won't be long before it gives up, hopefully I can get at least one more race out of it.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
well. i can wait to see the pictures of it giving up then lol twn thousand clics is amazing on these!

what is that pipe from... lol

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
well. i can wait to see the pictures of it giving up then lol twn thousand clics is amazing on these!

what is that pipe from... lol
It is off a YZ, not sure which one I have had so many. I cut it open and added some baffles, the volume inside was cut to almost half. Lots of low end and top speed with it. This bike actually is a few MPH faster then my BoXer with the gearing I have on the BoXer.