Extreme Summer Project!! Need Serious Help!!

GoldenMotor.com

SpeedDemon

Apr 24, 2009
California
OK so here's my problem. I have a motor scooter that was given to me over the holidays around 2 years ago. I no longer use it and had a great idea for it. I would like to take the motor of the scooter and put it on a bike; preferably a beach cruiser or something similar. I began removing the engine off the scooter frame and ran into a few snags. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a few questions. First, I noticed that the motor seems to have a wire coming out of it connecting it to the battery. I'm thinking that it is used to pump the fuel to the engine but not sure. Can anyone tell me if i can just use the engine and leave the battery, or do i need to incorporate the battery in my project. In which case would ruin my whole project. please help?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
The wire is most likely to charge the battery, I know I would love to have a set-up like that to run some very nice lights. Something you may want to do later on, you should just be able to disconnect the wire for the time being. But yes, you should be able to run the motor with out the battery. Does it have electric start?

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i would like to do the opposite,id like to have his scooter frame and put my bike engine on it and register it.

the battery wouldnt ruin your project,most of us have batteries for lights,they dont take up much room.and the wire is for charging the battery,but is it for starting it too?
do you have a kick start,keystart or pullstart?

Last edited:

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
you can check out motormakers builds. look at ( a couple of briggs style bikes_) you might want to include a part of your frame with the engine. i have taken a goped style bike, cut it in half and attached it to an occ chopper and a full suspension bike with one bolt. no mods to bikes.