Rhode Island newbee

GoldenMotor.com

mondoreject

Jan 16, 2014
Rhode Island
Jerry B from Rhode Island here. I love bicycling and am a jewelry ring engraver by trade. Recently I lost my license to drive a vehicle and want to get into motor bicycling come this spring and the better weather. Almost bought a basic kit bike from a local young builder, and am glad that I put it off still, because I like the custom bikes that I see online and would have regretted the basic bike purchase and want to find a good looking custom bike at a reasonable price. I also want to learn more about the maintenance, as I am not a motor head or mechanic, but have descent basic skills mechanically and some tools. 61 years old and good physical shape, but never drove a motorcycle at all. Let's see what I can learn and what advice anyone has to offer. Thanks to all in advance.

Tang

Sep 29, 2013
Indianapolis
Welcome jerry b. The price will depend on 2 vs 4 stroke and how much customizing you want over a basic model.

.wee.

Tang

The trail life for me.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to our motorized bicycle community jerry. most of us on the forum are over 50 so you should feel at home, we call the motorized bicycle the fountain of youth. great to have you with us. riding a motorized bicycle is more like riding a bicycle then a motor cycle

mondoreject

Jan 16, 2014
Rhode Island
Thank you, I do not see too many used customized bikes available for sale. Am I missing some forum somewhere for motorized bikes for sale other than Ebay?

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
If your looking for a custom bike I have very reasonable prices. I'm in Greenville.
1920.s frame . New Workman wheels,tuned pipe,Sportsman 40 tooth rear sprocket.
$700.