Fred's (Cr Machine) motor Ordered!

GoldenMotor.com

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Im very excited for my next motor. I just wanted to share with you all that I have ordered fred's (cr machine) motor. 7.2cc crank balanced motor with compression release lever with the delorto sha carb is getting put on tomorrow when I go pick it up at the post office. Excited to try this motor out but its going to rain everyday till this weekend :( I dont know if anybody is using his motor. dance1

7-22-2013 UPDATE:

I was finally able to build the new bicycle with a new frame, forks, brake system and handle bars. I had 3 other spare bikes that I had laying around so I took off certain parts to build this bike except the frame and forks. Painted the frame flat black to include the rear wheel and changed the tires to road tires I had. I will def post up pics soon of the new bike. Today I will try to get the motor setup on the bike and hopefully to be riding again this week. Waited 3 weeks for this lol

UPDATED bike on page 8

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Curious to hear the results you have with that engine, hope it turns out to be a good one for ya.
How much did that set you back if you dont mind me asking?

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Curious to hear the results you have with that engine, hope it turns out to be a good one for ya.
How much did that set you back if you dont mind me asking?
bought it for $650 to include shipping. he has 2 more on ebay which one is a little more than 650 and another for around 550 ? i think . Will def post up my review about it once I get it installed. Wish I had better oil, but whatever is left in my 1 gallon canister I have to use. Next tank will have synthetic oil added. Still wondering if i should keep using a 32:1 ratio or switch to 25:1 ratio which is what he is using in his test bikes

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Sorry, but I have to say this. Crimeny, $650 for a worked over china girl! For $25 more, I can get FIVE whole kits! For another $125, I built a 98cc cruiser! with motorcycle forks and a Worksman front drum, no less. I'm not criticizing you for paying that price, dumpstercrusher. I understand that you want quality and I sincerely hope that you get it. I just cant believe that this is a motor only going for about what it cost me to build my first two bikes. For that money, I hope this motor lasts you 10 years no matter how hard you abuse it.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Sorry, but I have to say this. Crimeny, $650 for a worked over china girl! For $25 more, I can get FIVE whole kits! For another $125, I built a 98cc cruiser! with motorcycle forks and a Worksman front drum, no less. I'm not criticizing you for paying that price, dumpstercrusher. I understand that you want quality and I sincerely hope that you get it. I just cant believe that this is a motor only going for about what it cost me to build my first two bikes. For that money, I hope this motor lasts you 10 years no matter how hard you abuse it.
lol its okay, I know other people would think this is stupid of me. So is buying a motor for $900 or close to that, but I do like the idea that the motor was taken apart and then put back together instead of just taking a motor you buy from a china factory and putting it on. My previous motor still crapped on me and had 120 miles on it. At least with this motor I know I'm getting what I paid for and coming from a car modification hobbist I guess, this money is pretty much nothing except maybe a new clutch for my car. Plus as a bargain, $650 for a pretty much built motor sounds soo much better than a $5,000-$6,000 built motor for my car. Keep on riding!r.ly.

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
hobart tasmania australia
mate your not silly at all ,maybe a good week for you if its raining to take your time in your build to make sure your brakes are working more then good i hope you are putting a nice chamber on with your motor and what gear ing are you going to use ...money well spent if you like your china girl to scream and like the little two strokers dance1

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
mate your not silly at all ,maybe a good week for you if its raining to take your time in your build to make sure your brakes are working more then good i hope you are putting a nice chamber on with your motor and what gear ing are you going to use ...money well spent if you like your china girl to scream and like the little two strokers dance1
well thank you! i really wanted to buy the gt2 frame? (frame with gas tank inside) or find an actual steel frame and redo the whole bike and swap parts like tires, rims, handle bars and forks from my old mountain bike but I know that will be lots of money and also considering going with a hydraulic brake setup for the front. For now I jus want to put the motor on the bike, get a feel for it and hope nothing goes wrong before i start ordering a bunch of parts. Well so far im using the 44t rear sprocket but fred suggested i move to a 36t because his motors have good torque. I will judge that once i get it put on haha Only chamber I have is the stock one but i have a motevelo on the way. that chamber was bought before the motor and i really wish I could buy a different chamber but we will see how she does :)

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
I just built the equivalent but with more upgrades for less than half of that . DAX balanced bottom $80 w/s&h, BGF jug&piston $35, FRED HEAD 6.0cc $85 , Arrow Reedblock $90 , DAX RT clone $30, Jet set 60s&70s Genuine Dellorto's $25 that cost me $315.00 a savings of over 50% and I did the milling and port&polish myself. I have better for less and I BUILT IT.

Last edited:

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
I installed the motor today and I took it out but had problems wit the 75mm jet so i switched to a 65mm with really good results. I need to order ccouple more jets because its just not quite there just yet, but i will say this, for all the people that have coaster brakes or any brake, the compression release lever is an excellent way to slow down the engine and even used as a kill switch. I think thats the best thing about this motor is that lever and of course the max cooling of the head. Still need more tuning and havent been able to ride that long since the rain, but im using this time to make adjustments to the tune and to other things that need to be tightened up.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Dumpstercrusher, I don't think you are stupid at all. I think $650 is a crazy price for someone to be charging for a worked over china girl. But that doesn't make you stupid for paying it.You paid that price because you wanted a quality motor, and that's understandable. CRmachine isn't the only vendor with crazy prices, and people pay other vendors crazy prices too, because they want quality, and there is nothing wrong with that at all. I just wanted to clarify that I don't think you are stupid.

dumpstercrusher

May 20, 2013
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Dumpstercrusher, I don't think you are stupid at all. I think $650 is a crazy price for someone to be charging for a worked over china girl. But that doesn't make you stupid for paying it.You paid that price because you wanted a quality motor, and that's understandable. CRmachine isn't the only vendor with crazy prices, and people pay other vendors crazy prices too, because they want quality, and there is nothing wrong with that at all. I just wanted to clarify that I don't think you are stupid.
Thanks man. I did want quality and professionally done work. I jus wonder how long this motor will last