Another N00b here

GoldenMotor.com

Scottlocks

Apr 18, 2013
Boston
Im a noob at this. Im thinking about getting real and putting a 49cc engine on my bike to get my self to work(im 16!). Thought this would be the place to get some help on it!

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the world of motorized bicycles scott. we have amazing talent here on the forum and i am sure you will be able to get all the help you need, great to have you with us

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Scott, you've found the right place to get the help you might need to get your first bike on the road. Don't hesitate to ask and do a lot of reading too. There's a world of talent here ready to assist.
Welcome to our community and good luck.

Tom

LAguyyy

Super Skilled Master Newb
Feb 25, 2013
Honolulu, hi
Welcome, this forum helped me complete my first build with mods successfully and correct all the bumps along the road. Use the search function before asking and most likely its already been answered, otherwise post it and ye shall recieve help. Whenever you come accross quirks and how you fixed it feel free to share too otherwise there would be no answers here.

Catfisher

Apr 10, 2010
Heart of Illinois
Welcome to the best motorized bicycle forum on the web! In addition to all the great mechanical advice you will find here keep in mind a few lifesaving details.

1: You are almost invisible to many motorists, they do not see you on your bicycle and definitely are not watching for you at 20 - 25 mph.

2: Any other motor vehicle outweighs you by hundreds or even thousands of pounds. You are the automatic loser in any collision.

3: Wear a DOT approved helmet. It may be hot, inconvenient or less than 'cool' looking; but you don't want to ever chance meeting the pavement without one.

4: None of us are invincible, even though we all felt we were at 16. Drive defensively and slower than you think is necessary. You will still be enjoying the ride decades later.

Sorry if I sound like the old fogey in the bunch, I've been riding motorcycles since I was 15 (now 60) and I want you to enjoy the ride as long as I have or longer.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Last , but the most important point, is to keep your breaks in good working order !!!
THIS.

Is good advice for any biker.
When you lock your rear tire on your coaster braked bike at 25mph, it sucks.

Even more so when you careen over a curb and into a pine sapling.

Got the dented tank to prove it. :D