Motorized Pusher Trailers Plans??

GoldenMotor.com

jonleedsuk

Aug 20, 2011
United Kingdom
Hi folks!

I am new to the forum and I dont really know where on this forum to look but I am wanting to build a motorised bicycle pusher trailer - I've seen them on Youtube and they look very cool. They also seem to have better engine setups than the engines you can get with the kits for a DIY motorized bicycle. Also my bike is a full suspension one and fitting an engine to it would be too awkward. Plus I like the idea of a trailer as it means I dont have to alter my bike and you can detatch it and still have your bike to ride as normal.

I'd like to make a combination pusher / cargo carrying trailer so I'm gonna try design the frame from scratch and I have been checking out some petrol lawnmowers on eBay in the UK, or I might just go to the scrap yard and see what they have got - I'll probably have to go there anyway to pick up some metal tubing etc.

Are there any plans out there for motorised pusher trailers that I could use as a guide? I have got the basic idea grasped, but I hate having to reinvent the wheel everytime I do something like this and if someone has done it before me and hence made all the niggling mistakes and has a tried and tested design then please let me know.

Also if there is a forum for motorised pusher trailers please can someone point me in the direction.

Cheers!

Johnny.trlrl.

P.S - photo below is of 2 of my Raleigh Chopper MKII bikes - they arent motorized, they are just classic 1970s British bikes - I used to have 11 of them! Now I just have the one...

Attachments

Last edited:

jonleedsuk

Aug 20, 2011
United Kingdom
Cheers for the link Dan, that has really whet my appetite for some trailer building, I'm already sniffing out my bits, gonna visit the scrap yard this week. I'll post up pictures of my efforts as I progress.

Gphil, thanks for recommending the site but I have looked on there and I couldnt find anything relevant to bike pusher trailer frames, but there is a lot of useful engineering things on there that might come in handy,

cheers lads!

Johnny

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Go look again, it is called "cyclebully E trailer " Shows a tirke with it hooked. Has one wheel in rear with a E-hub but the way it is built you could put most any sized engine in the back if you wanted. The article says it will push any trike or bike to local traffic speeds. I have seen vidios of it pushing a guy. Really neat. Check again you will like. gphil

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Go look again, it is called "cyclebully E trailer " Shows a tirke with it hooked. Has one wheel in rear with a E-hub but the way it is built you could put most any sized engine in the back if you wanted. The article says it will push any trike or bike to local traffic speeds. I have seen vidios of it pushing a guy. Really neat. Check again you will like. You can order plans for any of those builds really reasonable. Ok and Cheers as you say. gphil