taking a trip

GoldenMotor.com

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
I am finally taking a trip outside of town i truly hope my china girl can make it . I am goin from Austin Tx heading to Port Arthur Tx bout 256.84 miles I mapped out the route with parks in mind as well as back roads . I have a spare engine im taking along with as well as some other spare parts im tryin not to load my bike down to much . Does anyone have any pointers I dont know how to put a pic of my bike but its in my albums its the 26" mountain bike
usflg

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
The spare motor thing is one thing I'm doing, too. Too cheap of insurance to pass up :)

Look on craigslist for a used kid's bike trailer. I got mine for $25. I'll be making a more suitable carrier portion from 1" x 1" square tubing and Mahogany plywood and parts from the trailer.

Your bike can pull more than it can carry and being in Texas it should be able to still climb any hills encountered....or are there any hills? ;)

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
there are a few hills and i already got a flat trailer I had bolted on top of it a plastic footlocker to keep my things dry and store a little food in ive got 5 more days.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
sounds nice- god luck

to post a photo-

click on "go advanced" on post menu-

then click on the little icon that looks like an exclamation point, next to the smiley face at the top

that opens "manage attachments" you can browse then the photo files on your own computer and select

you may have to resize them using some kind of photo program- like maybe one that came with your camera

To save other peoples thumbnail attachments- once you have opened their photo- click on it again and it opens it in a page of it's own- then go to "page" and "save as"- and that stores it in your own files

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
thanx guys if i can find a computer on my trip i will keep everyone updated and tires and tubes already in the bag dance1