mods

GoldenMotor.com

ct66rider

Jan 20, 2010
ct
what are some of the easyst mods that you can do just out of your shop to get these thing running faster?

ct66rider

Jan 20, 2010
ct
so far ive drilled holes in my stock exhaustcap and polished the intake up and tomarrow im gonna do the exhaust too

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
This what I did and I notice a big difference,First I cut out the stinger tube from the inside of my muffler,then I drilled (4) 3/16 holes in the muffler end cap,Next I ordered a 36 Tooth sprocket from Thats Dax, then proformance air filter from Sick bike parts,also intake manifold from manic machanic.I would just start off with a muffler mod,and maybe a better spark plug.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I took off my muffler end cap,see the 3 holes,drill the 2 smaller holes larger,drill a extra hole if u want,put end cap back on. Drill a few extra holes in aircleaner plastic housing. That should be good to get you 30mph with a 44t sprocket.

Next You could get a 36t.

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
throw the stock ignition wire in the garbage and get a taylor or msd wire. defenitly rejet the carb, before you even put the thing together, take of the intake manifold and dremmel all the weld thats restricting your fuel, same for the exhaust, dremel out the engine side of exhaust smooth and do the hole drilling the guys are talkin about above here. alright guys, lets get technical, what can we really do to acheive an efficient burn and a strong runnin reliable engine?

PaulFlorida

Dec 4, 2009
central florida
Take the head off, rub a marker on the gasket surface and deck it on a flat surface with 220 grit in a figure-eight pattern, and get a thin head gasket from SBP. This raises the compression, thus power. Plus, like everyone here has said, match the manifolds to the jug, using the gaskets as a template. Taking the muffler apart and removing the stupid welded baffles and drilling a few more 5/16" holes in the inner core, near the bottom end help a bunch. I hacksawed off 2" too, and that helped a little. Enjoy the new ride!