Velocar cyclecar semi-replica.

GoldenMotor.com

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I enjoyed an informal race series, but parked cars, unprotected solid objects, and only crash hats for protective clothing?

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
That is just too cool! Not sure if that was the Bafang or E-rad mid-drive
motor. Either way, it looks like an efficient way to get around, with a
shorter turning radius than a bike. I want one.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Yeah I saw that on a suggested post on FB, so a motorized version that you still can pedal someone here should be working on soon?

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Steve that photo could have been snapped in my own neighborhood. It represents the quality of our creations designed it would seem with the sole intent of imparting great bodily harm to ourselves and much suffering to our poor mothers! Some of us haven't changed much in that regard.

Rick C.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Have you fella's tried to find a good wooden orange crate these days? Not a one to be found anywhere.

I don't think there is a mother from that time period that didn't listen to the tone and degree of the crying as we came in the door so she knew what to get out of the medicine cabinet.

I don't know how my poor mother lived to be one hundred and three and a half given the number of heart stopping moments I gave her.

Steve.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
I've been working on a velo car quietly gathering parts but the body is proving elusive and very hard to find.
Here's an idea of how it will look.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...9447393868_9032618309239726798_n-jpg.3211670/

Steve.
I love the simplicity of that design, Ed ,a 2x8, couple of
bolts, & some wheels. That would,(with a few mods), make a reasonable
chasis for a velo tadpole. I could see using corrugated plastic sheet
to form the shell.
Yesterday at the hardware store there was a gal with an electric
tadpole trike with a 2800 watt crystalite motor. That's almost 4 hp.
with instant torque. As low as it was, I'll wager it could do 50+
with a shell.

Reactions: fasteddy

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I began reading this thread again today after years have gone by since I last checked in. What fun and what a delight Anne has been to this forum. Our mechanically inclined lady friend from kiwiland. I see the last post from her on this thread was on November. 21, 2015. Has any one heard from her since? I fear the worst...
SB

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
I began reading this thread again today after years have gone by since I last checked in. What fun and what a delight Anne has been to this forum. Our mechanically inclined lady friend from kiwiland. I see the last post from her on this thread was on November. 21, 2015. Has any one heard from her since? I fear the worst...
SB
I´ve haven´t spent much time here lateiy either, Bear. I fear Wheela Is no longer with us. Of
late I´ve been riding electric, but am currently building a gas/electric hybrid with a modified GEBE.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I sent her some things off farm Collector mag. she does a lot of resting, and was doing some garden way rail way, apparently had a setup from before. She was happy to here from me and thanked me for sending. But that was over a year ago, she had a lot of good and bad days, with rests in between. I am afraid it must of been her time…………Curt

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Anne told me just before she left that she suffered from a disease called ME/CFS. It's know as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and in North America as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Nasty and there is no known cure. Apparently she has or had it for years and it was getting worse.

Steve.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Anne told me just before she left that she suffered from a disease called ME/CFS. It's know as Myalgia Encephalomyelitis and in North America as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Nasty and there is no known cure. Apparently she has or had it for years and it was getting worse.

Steve.
Yes that's what it was, just couldn't remember, and also enough projects to silicify 10 men or so. She seamed at piece with her garden way rail way at the time and seamed ready for the inevitable..........Curt