2 stroke oil

GoldenMotor.com

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
What oil are you all using im curious to find out what types of oils you are using for your bikes . Lol id hope its not weed eater oil that stuff is horrible .

sorry dog

Aug 31, 2015
Tejas
There are some great oils on the market intended for outboard use that are NOT a good choice for small air motors.... so don't use oils with TC-W3 seal. Air cooled motors operate at higher temps than outboards, so they use a lighter oil base which won't be conducive to long bearing life at those higher temps. I've had good luck with Stihl 2 stroke oil and it's easy to find. If you want to spend a little more.... Klotz is a good oil to use and they make several varieties. Make sure to get the one for air cooled use. If you use fuel with higher alcohol content or other funny stuff then the bean castor oil would be a good choice....smells good too.
I've know a couple of racers that swear by Klotz:
http://klotzlube.com/ECommerce/category/motorcycle-atv/off-road

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I've used cheapo walmart oil for many years & find it acceptable - added benefit is that for $4 one can get the pour spout to fit the jug and use it as a gas can when empty instead of having to buy a $20 gas can that one can't get the gas out of due to safety fittings on spout.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
My #1 choice is Amsoil Dominator, but if i cannot get a hold of the amsoil dealer which lives clear across town and I have to go to his house to get it.

I just get whatever I can off the shelf. Could be Koltz, or Red Line, or Lucas, Bel Ray and many times just regular Vavoline 2-stroke oil.

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
The yamalube and castor 927 is for racing motors i use it in my kt-100 and my shifter karts and a McCullough .It is great oil but very pricey 18$ a pt

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
My favs are Amsoil dominator or Opti2 at their respective mix ratios. I'm an Amsoil dealer so I just gotta keep track of how much I have and just order more if it looks like I'm running low.
For high rpm use I'll add a small amount of castor oil in with the Opti2 mix or mix the Amsoil at 40:1 and never had an oil related problem with either and I run my engines at nearly twice the intended rpm with nearly triple the power output of a stock engine.

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
I figure since the original Russians and the Chinese ran them on 30 wt motor oil, any decent 2 stroke oil should suffice. The oil is a total loss system, so it never gets old or dirty, unlike a 4 stroke so "Extra long-life" means nothing. ;)
Valvoline's good enough for me. I like the smoke and smell, it's great. The engine's running real strong and cool with it.

Last edited:

Skyliner70

May 25, 2011
Colorado
50% first press pure degummed castor oil mixed with 50% of the cheapest crap I can find at Wal-Mart. This combo provides an oil that lubricates better than anything out there except a commercial castor blend oil.

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
50% first press pure degummed castor oil mixed with 50% of the cheapest crap I can find at Wal-Mart. This combo provides an oil that lubricates better than anything out there except a commercial castor blend oil.
so its not made for 2 strokes ? basically like using meds that are not made for humans

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
For the past three years or so I've been using Ipone S2 full synthetic oil at 50:1 made in Italy and smells of strawberries, yum.

Very happy with it, the piston,rings, and cylinder look great. And that's with pushing the girl hard. Stumbled across it by accident when a bike shop was clearing it out at 10 bucks a liter. I might have enough for another two years.