Waving goodbye to my bike

GoldenMotor.com

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Well I am saying my farewell to one my best looking bikes... YET lol

It has been my very reliable and cool ride to work, school, and errands.
Every once in a while i get a couple thumbs up or nods on the road, or sometimes it sparks a conversation with fellow gear heads

I have had it posted up on Craigslist for the past month just testing waters to see how much are people willing to buy a motorized bike.
Got an offer at 850, which was good enough for me to let it go.

-Micargi phantom frame
-Monarch II forks
-Sturmy archer to sun rim single, and hd grubbe hub to sun mtx rear
-Dax Super titan and 4g transmission to a rear 36t from kings sprockets
-Got a speedometer and tach hooked up

Definitely was a fun commuter.

Attachments

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yea already have one in the works involving a predator 79cc and a felt slant... Gonna model them after scotto and CulverCityClassics vertical mounted builds

The left gauge is my tach, the right my speedometer. And you can find the tachometer for like 12 bucks on eBay.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yup thats it. I just got the empty casing from extra speedometer that I broke and basically stuffed the the tachometer inside, it's a good snug fit. You may have to trim the sides of the tachometer case for it to fit right

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Too bad you'll be without a bike for a while. That was a nice one too- but that sounds like a decent price. You're gonna build a Felt bike? Those seem real good from what I can tell. Looking forward to watching the build! What are you going to call it?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
That is a pretty cool tach/hour meter for ~$20, it would be a nifty included addition for my high end builds to help the customer know when to switch from break in 25:1 mix to 32:1 for example (~25 hours), or when it's about time for a basic safety check and inspection (~50 - 100 hours).

The tach would be helpful for newbies to 2-stroke shifter builds which is pretty much everyone, 'Keep the RPM's ~5K for the most efficient power'.

Thanks for the cool tip, nice build, and I know how hard it is to let a nice 'personal ride' go until you have your plan for the next new nicer new one ;-}

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sorry to see it go, pretty bike, but now you can start on the new one. It'll be even better. Everyone learns as they build and you've already got the basics down. Go from there and show us what you're doing.

Tom

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yea it was definitely hard to let go... I had one last good ride before I let her go
I have my boxer as my back up bike, but I hate coming to class with that 2-stoke cologne.

I'll be getting parts together and hopefully get it built up during my spring break.

Hopefully all my lurking on this forum pays off lol