Anyone riding in san diego?

GoldenMotor.com

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
I would just like to say that the old SD group rides were a blast, great group of guys. To all the 2 strokers: I use to have a 2 stroke (66cc), with a tuned expansion exhaust, high compression head, and aftermarket carb?, whenever I got her running like a champ she run great and fairly fast for single speed however, the engine mount studs on the back side of the engine is a major design flaw (in my opion). If you want a reliable MB, ditch the 2 stroke and go 4. With that said, my girl was great until long hard ridden rides when the studs snap. Have been out of the game (long time) slowly working on a secret 4 stroke. See you all then!

BADBOOH

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Hey guys!!! Sorry my work schedule is Sh! Te. I'm gonna get a ride going on a Sunday in December. Start tuned. Might be going to Oceanside and back. Don't worry. We well have stops.

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Startpoint would be the usual Mission Beach Belmont Park location or the South Shores Park parking lot. There will be a map of the ride when I can start finalizing everything. Thanx for your patience. Stay tuned guys.

-Hawaii

rcrongeyer

Dec 6, 2012
San Diego
Hello list!
I'm new to San Diego and Moterized Bicycles also. I just completed my firsy build. Specs are 66cc 2 stroke, Dellorto carb, Sick Bike Parts Expansion Chamber with custom header welded on, mounted onto a Worksman Newsboy frame with a custom springer front fork with Pat Dolan's custom gas and oil tanks.

My phone speedometer app has my top speed on the flat at 35 but when i use the app in the car I have to drive at 37 to make the app read 35 so I think top speed is 37. Just a guess though.

So I would like to go on one of these rides ona weekend some time and get to know some fellow enthusiasts.

Attachments

rcrongeyer

Dec 6, 2012
San Diego
Thanks GearNut! It took me almost 1 year to complete.

SD Moto Man,
Dude, I think I saw you riding with a group through La Jolla a few months ago!

Maybe we'll have something set up by spring next year?

SD moto man

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
It's very possible. I live in Carmel Valley, so that's pretty close. Hawaii says his drum brake is broken, so I guess no ride soon? I'm always willing to do "unofficial" rides if anyone is dying to get out and cruise around. It's too fun to wait around twiddling our thumbs.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It's very possible. I live in Carmel Valley, so that's pretty close. Hawaii says his drum brake is broken, so I guess no ride soon? I'm always willing to do "unofficial" rides if anyone is dying to get out and cruise around. It's too fun to wait around twiddling our thumbs.
......I hear Pizza Port Carlsbad calling......."ride up here for pizza and beer" laff