another old new guy

GoldenMotor.com

[email protected]

Oct 18, 2009
hillsboro,ohio
i haven't built a motored bike yet, but i have read every single page of this forum,some of them more than once. so you can tell i am definetly interested in building a bike! the only thing holding me back is this cold ohio weather. i've been retired for 10 years now and have spent most of my time fixing other peoples lawnmowers and tinkering with old motorcycles. i like to more or less bring them back to life.i have a nice 24x40 building that right now is jam packed with old lawnmowers and stuff that come spring i'll be getting rid of all of it. i want to set up my shop for doing some of the things i've read about on this forum. i'm sure glad i found this site! i probably won't be sending out any pictures 'cause i can't make heads or tails of the information about how to post pictures.i just did learned how to turn a computor on,thanks to my son. also every letter in this post is typed with one finger. but at least i'm trying. well anyway,hello to all you guy,s out there and keep on doing what make's you happy. that's what i'm going to be doing. later, george

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
Wow George, great introduction! Welcome to Motorbicycling!
I came here from Mytractorforum (great site) -got enough tractors, now onto the bikes.
I want to tell you there are a lot of us older guys here!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
George,
You should feel right at home here. Lots of us retired, semi-retired and wanna be retired guys with more time on our hands than money. That's why motorized bicycles are so attractive. Sounds like you have a lot of small engine experience and should have no problems with a 2 or 4 stroke bike. Keep us informed on when and what you decide to build. Welcome, and enjoy yourself. Questions? We're here to help.
Tom

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum... Geezers rule! Yeah it sure has been cold, but old man winter is losing his grip as Grandfather Sun gathers strength. In a couple more weeks the snow should be gone where I am here in northern Maryland... then it's time to ride. You're in for a whole lot of fun...
Grandpa Geezerman aka Silverbear

Dontwannawalk

Dec 23, 2009
Iowa
Hey, I wish I had a shop that I could do this stuff in. I have to back my wife's car out of the garage to make room to move around the one I'm putting together.

Now about pecking on the computer, My Dad-In-Law turned 96 in January and he pecks out e-mails so don't worry about that.

I'm sure there's several guys that can walk you through posting pictures on this site. I've even figured it out!

[email protected]

Oct 18, 2009
hillsboro,ohio
hey everybody,thanks for the welcome. i know this is going to be a blast once i actually get started building one of these bikes. i'm heading to harbor freight today to pick up one those 2.5 hp engines. i think the 4 stroke is the way i want to start off with on my first build. anyway, thanks again for the good input. later, george

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
George328,
Your intro posting, seems pretty much that it could fit many of us geezers. Please keep us posted of your plans byond purchasing the HF. Inframe, pusher, friction or what?
Welcome aboard, pleanty of diverse opinions here and all mean well.

PS: I use two fingers(one for the shift key)

Attachments

Last edited: