80cc Mystery

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Wheel Rush...The first pick look's like his front fender (Black) with the L-bracket's for the fender mount to his forks (orange) and his brake cable.

That's how I did mine the first time..but they still broke.

Kulana Kruiser

Jul 8, 2008
Hey Kaluna,

BTW, if you don't mind, what exactly is that in the first picture just above ?

I thought I was going to get a look at a near perfect sparkplug.

OK, I know now what I'm looking at !

Did you paint the engine head black ?
Yes, I painted the whole engine black. I used Krylon BBQ paint, and it has worked great.
I am very aware of the whole it will make your motor run hotter - , but the other side of the coin is that black also dissipates heat the fasted.

I had a pic of my plug already downloaded, and when I tried to preview, it stated I was allowed to post only 4 pic's. So, had to make a decision and went w/ the 2 I chose.

fairracing31:::
"That's how I did mine the first time..but they still broke."

I have no idea how unless it was weak at the mounting point. Mine isn't. That's where I have read the weak spot is. It stress cracks at the nut. Maybe there is more than one flaw, but I know there is no way mine is going to break in that location at least. Where did yours snap??

Still . . . Krusin Style,

Troy Fitz.

nogoodnic

Jan 29, 2008
Shelby MI
forum1.freakbikenation.com
The weak point is at the bend on the stock brackets, I have broken three in exactly the same place from vibration. I swaped them out for hardware store L brackets and have had no more problems but still check very regularly for cracks...Kelly

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Yes....that's usually where they break...I went with bigger L-bracket's and they still broke. I custom made my brackets and so far 5 years, 4,000 miles and they are still holding. But like Kelly say's, I check them often.
:ride2:

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
My 80cc Mystery solution (I think)

The mystery was caused by many problems, here's a list:
[1] Improperly mounted gaskets (cylinder gasket left gap for air, no gasket on intake)
[2] faulty rear mounting bolt (it sheared right off)
[3] Improper fuel mixture (my bad)
[4] Air leak out of bottom of muffler (the darn thing wasn't sealed)

gdmischel

May 12, 2009
Florida
I'm having trouble aquiring a jug, piston and rings most likely because it's the most sought after items and vendors can't keep up... unless their prices are unreasonable. Let me know who's got 'em now!