[Remove item?] [Move item to Wish List?] $10.00 $10.00
Idler Pulley Idler Pulley [#4-6-GB-F9-15]
[Remove item?] [Move item to Wish List?] $5.00 $5.00
Subtotal : $15.00
Coupon # : $0.00
Shipping 1 lbs (UPS Ground) : $26.18
Grand Total : $41.18

What The Heck !

Is there anything Cheaper ?? OR WHAT !!!

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
Hmm. I just came back from the post office. They have a small flat rate box that those parts would fit into. The shipping for that is only 5 bucks. If they had to use the larger box, shipping doubles, but it's good for up to something like 50 lbs., so long as it fits in that box.

At 1 lb., they could pack the parts into a regular Priority box and shipping would be less than 5 bucks.

Did you try asking them if they could use USPS Priority instead? Most businesses use Fedex or UPS for convenience. You have to ask if they can ship your parts via USPS Priority instead. Most will. If they don't, cancel and order from elsewhere.

That $26 for UPS ground don't sound right. :confused: Might want to ask them about it and also inquire about handling fees they may be charging you. Still shouldn't be that much, though.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
A few years back, the U.S. post office was notoriously slow and within a small margin, (price wise), of the cost of UPS or Fed-Ex.

NOT ANY MORE!!!

USPS prices are way less on 5lbs and under, and the service is unbelievable!!!

I sent a package to England regular first class...no international priority...no special anything. It got there in 4 DAYS!!!

I've sent packages from Florida to the west U.S. coast by priority mail, ($4.95 for one pound), that arrived the next day!!! UPS or Fed-ex would have charged $40-$50 for the same service on one pound of product.

USPS is a real bargain today...I would recommend it to any supplier for small packages.

And as Grouchy said, they have flat rate boxes that are a real bargain...

I think USPS is trying really hard to get noticed and it just hasn't caught on yet.

Jim

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Some sellers are seriously skimming the customer wallets with exaggerated shipping cost, this is very "the way it is" on eBay most days. I've purchased items on eBay and paid the proverbial 19.99 shipping cost and when it landed at my door the postal label states shipping cost 4 bucks and change! A week ago I wanted to order a couple items from an eBay seller (boygofast) and he wanted 40 bucks for combined USPS shipping on 50 bucks worth of parts!! I could see doing 20 bucks maybe but I know there is no way it would cost him 40 to ship 2 items. Anyway I waited for a couple days and the items showed up as being available from Zoom...shipping = $7.50

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
Hey, I caught you a little late but the best I could get from Kings was $21.18
Fed Ex, to house etc.

I'll look into to zoom are they dependable ?

Its funny cause the don't offer some of the UPS service for my area, there are quite a few for UPS, so I'm a little confused, but there in my neighborhood all the time.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If you talk to a seller, they will usually lower the price of shipping to "reasonable", especially with a multiple item order.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i ordered some parts from gasbike.net
1 new style carb $12
1 new intake $3
shipping fedex(even thou it saids ups ground)$23 (thats the cheapest option)
total = $38
but for that price i get my parts in 4-5 days right to my door

other sites that sold a carb with cheaper $9 shipping didnt take a credit or bankcard (money order=takes longer to get part)or for free shipping the carb sold for $30 zone8cycle
so they get you with shipping or add it in the total price anyway
dax has cheaper parts and shipping but only takes paypal or money order.

Last edited:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Those gasbike.net rates do seem high. I will say this, it's kinda hard to set up the perfect algorithm for shipping costs for a ecommerce site. When you consider international rules are different, all the options within USPS alone, odd size parts that don't fit into flat rate boxes, but a big enough shipment where one box is flat rate and the other one isn't - and then you factor Paypal into that......all I can is it's a bit of dead reckoning and trial and error. We hopefully aren't gouging....and we do hope international folks will ask us to give them a manual freight quote.