Need help wiring kill switch

GoldenMotor.com

ShaoLeFen

Mar 21, 2009
Boston, MA
I saw the instructions CRUISER has on this site for the wiring, however the colored wires don't match mine. I have from the engine a white, blue and black wire. From the ignition switch a black and blue wire. From the kill switch a black and yellow wire. I followed a video on Youtube, but there is a problem because it won't shut off when I use the kill switch. Here is my set up.

Engine to ignition: blue wire to blue, black to black.
Kill switch to engine: Yellow to white, black to the bolt that mounts the engine.

Any idea what might be wrong?
s.
:-||

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
yes, you have it right,but the wire for the ground must touch bare metal,scrape a little paint off under where you have the wire bolted to.
Mines bolted to where my bottle holder was under my engine.

ShaoLeFen

Mar 21, 2009
Boston, MA
It was attached to the steel bolt itself. I actually found the problem. Somehow both the black and yellow wires from the kill switch had been cut. I must have bumped it getting down the stairs. I'll have to wrap it up better this time. It works fine now.

MB-Monkey

Nov 19, 2008
Manchester TN USA
the black wire comming from the mag area is grounded inside the cover so by connecting one to black (ground) and one the blue wire you will ground the magneto hence shutting off the motor