Noob attempts a Felt MP build: Have mercy on me.

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
(^)Awsome bike man enjoyed this thread alot
Thanks man. It's quite popular at the beach. Here's me riding it and messing with a aftermarket big bore carb (that has since been removed) while I'm riding it. You will hear the gas engine start and stop a bunch of times. Sometimes it died on its own and other times I killed it intentionally because I saw a cop on the road. I did not have the license plate installed yet in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1maimbCB3M&list=UUF71qUCK1WnrweLe50XyiJg&index=2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxLctMt75aw&list=UUF71qUCK1WnrweLe50XyiJg&index=1&feature=plcp

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Suweet.

My bikes, coming out of the garage don't look that clean and after that, they just get dirty.
LOL Yeah I've been pretty lucky considering the way I ride. I've never layed it down, clipped any car doors, or run over anybody and I keep it inside my house. The weather out here doesn't hurt either.

BikeBerryKelci

Oct 25, 2012
brea
Agonizing between a jackshaft setup or a separate rear sprocket, I pretty much cornered myself into a jackshaft setup by installing the rear 203mm hydraulic disc. There is just no more clearance in the back even with a top hat adapter. I tried to cram a 11 HP hopped up GX200 racing clone in but it just wouldn't fit so I had to settle for the Hua Sheng 49cc of slowness instead. I'll have to buy every aftermarket thing I can get for this engine Still waiting on the jackshaft parts and Grubee 4G T-Belt Drive. .spr.

I really like the style of your bike!.bf.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Ya! I like new accessories! and you really added a lot more character to it! How are you liking the ride?dnut
The ride is silky smooth on perfect asphalt. On Venice Blvd at 40MPH you have to hang on for dear life cause the roads are so torn up in L.A.

From 0-40MPH, cars are in my side view mirror from a stop light, with full throttle from both the electric and gas motors. It's like being shot out of a cannon. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I really like it it, looks like you have put some cash into it.
And a lot of time .
Love the Headlight
Too much time and too much money pretty much sums it up, but once I started I was committed to finishing it and finishing it right. 5 to 6 months work and 1000+ miles later and there it is. It's only as good as the roads it rides on though and L.A. roads suck to high heaven. Uuuugh. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I really like it it, looks like you have put some cash into it.
And a lot of time .
Love the Headlight
The headlight is made up of 2 lights: A Hella 500 on the outside and a 20 Watt CREE LED light on the inside. The CREE LED light is as bright as a HID light without the blue hue. It will burn out your retina if you stare at it too long. It goes great with the 139 Db air horn mounted just forward of the engine. LMAO

samdallas214

Sep 1, 2012
Dallas Tx
Too much time and too much money pretty much sums it up, but once I started I was committed to finishing it and finishing it right. 5 to 6 months work and 1000+ miles later and there it is. It's only as good as the roads it rides on though and L.A. roads suck to high heaven. Uuuugh. LOL
Sounds like the roads in Texas the pot holes in Texas are so big that I lost a wife and A girl friend somewheres along the way LOL.

I better not let the old lady see this post she will be asking what girlfriend LOL
It not like she leave me with enough cash to have a girlfriend. LOL

I'm already in trouble with here, last night she asked me how many women I have slept with.
I guess the answer, Only you the other woman I was in bed with I was awake. was not the right answer. LOL
Again love the bike

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
"Does my backside look big in this?" "Your backside looks big in the distance." Is also not a right answer.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
For all unmarried men out there, a warning! Women do not ever say what they mean. "Tell me honestly what you think", for one. DON'T. What is being said is "Agree with me and I will let you live." Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to divine, without clues or assistance, what exactly it is she wants you to say.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Sounds like the roads in Texas the pot holes in Texas are so big that I lost a wife and A girl friend somewheres along the way LOL.

I better not let the old lady see this post she will be asking what girlfriend LOL
It not like she leave me with enough cash to have a girlfriend. LOL

I'm already in trouble with here, last night she asked me how many women I have slept with.
I guess the answer, Only you the other woman I was in bed with I was awake. was not the right answer. LOL
Again love the bike
Potholes, faultlines, sunken manhole covers where none should be, "Tijuana Smooth" streets, except in middle of Los Angeles.
LMAO Damn your old lady has you by the locknuts too? I feel your pain all too well.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Added:

Rear turn signals.

Shimano 105 three speed front derailleur.

SRAM Twist Shifter.

Electric Regenerative Braking: 1 finger braking from 40 mph (feels like ABS Braking or a drogue chute deploying from your back every time you tap the brake). It recharges your battery and the byproduct of that is that it slows your e-hub down in a hurry without locking the wheel up.

I can't say enough about Regen Braking. It's an option on some controllers and completely left off on others. It should be standard on every e-controller as it will most likely save your life one day. In most cases I only need to use 1 finger to stop now, no matter what my speed is.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Lookin' suweet Mike!
Thanks. Feeling suweet now with Regen Braking and larger chainrings. No more pedaling like a circus clown anymore. Glad that's over. Now approaching 1500 trouble free miles. LOL Don't I wish they were all trouble free.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Lesson # 4623:

Must do pre-flight check before rolling down the taxiway.
I simultaneously lost 5 of the 6 allen head bolts that hold my gas drive sprocket on to my electric hub. I heard a grinding noise after leaving a 7/11 for a pitstop. The grinding noise was the 6th and remaining screw had come almost completely loose but had snagged the power cable that connects the e-hub and the electric controller. It chewed through 1 of the 3 power wires to the 2000 watt e-hub. All bolts were installed with Loctite Blue. Now sealed with Loctite Red because the Blue failed me for the first and last time. LOL :-||

Do not take your nuts and bolts for granted on your bike or you will eventually get burned like I did. Luckily I stopped at 7/11 or who knows what would have happened.