hi from malibu

GoldenMotor.com

Medicfung

Oct 25, 2010
Calabasas
Hello all, my names Richard, I'm new to this motorized bike craze but not new to motorcycles. I've ridden a friends bike the other day and thought it was a blast! Now I want to build my own from a 1996 gt lts mt bike. To those in the know, how hard would it be to convert a dual suspension mt bike where the shock assembly sits completely out of the way of the frame, it's actually right behind the seat! I've been static at her for an hour and can't think of a reason why not.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
That could be done no problem. It would make a nice project and you would have a blast with it. Check some of the post on this fourm for ideas. If you need help we have alot of local members that could be of service.

BTW welcome to motorbicycling.com

culvercityclassic

Medicfung

Oct 25, 2010
Calabasas
you guys are awesome!!!!! i cant believe someone already did it, thats so cool. i guess this is gonna go down!!!! so what motor is the beez neez? ive been looking into the sd stinger, but have heard that maybe the grubee is better qualitywise?!

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
I think I would go with the Grubee.
These engines are all extremely similar, and most parts are interchangeable.
It all boils down to getting one from a respectable seller.
The better sellers stand by their warranty.
I'd get the slant head 66cc Grubee from GasBikes but that's just my opinion.
Whatever you decide it will take patience and time to get it right.
Do your research about everything about the bike kit.
There are a lot of talented, imaginative minds here with buttloads of insight and experience.

Welcome to the most fun and addicting hobby out there.

TIM