Will these parts increase performance? :)

GoldenMotor.com

Joey

Sep 29, 2010
Australia, Syd
Hey everyone,
i have a 66cc grubee engine, which is chugging along decently!
I have bought the following in the hope it would increase the power..
anyone have any suggestions?
pocket bike exhaust pipe muffler - eBay, Pocket Bike Accessories, Pocket Bikes, Go Karts, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 24-Oct-10 09:49:06 AEDST)
i have bought this, and im wondering if it would increase performance? any mods apart from bending it to make it fit?

Also would this carb be alot better then the stock one?
49cc Pocket Dirt Bike Quad 2 Stroke Carby Carburetor - eBay, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 23-Oct-10 21:00:30 AEDST)

I want to port the engine but it looks too hard, i have had a read over the posts, but it just seems too complicated, someone convince me otherwise.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Yes that pipe will work you just have to bend it to clear the head. I had to switch the direction of the head as well to clear the spark plug.

I also had that carb on my pocket bike. It's no better than the one that comes with the kit.

Joey

Sep 29, 2010
Australia, Syd
is it possible to install on a chopper bike? and bend it downwards?
as i really dont want the pipe up high and burning my leg

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
oh as for carbs i have the stock onew myself but the next kit im getting comes with the cns i think it will be a little better

Joey

Sep 29, 2010
Australia, Syd
I got the new pipe in today..
and i heard you would have to add length to the pipe? around another 5-7 inches, im wondering if it would increase performance dramatically?
i will be adding the extra inches to the header, so would that be okey for the pipe itself?
or should i be better off with just the 32 inches itself?

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Flyby,
Love the new pipe.
What gauge steel did you roll?
I'm suprised to see the second cone to be tapered so long.
Looks like a fatter, longer version of my old pipe.
I bet it sounds radical.
Sweet looking job.
Tell us how it does please.
TIM

tire

Sep 29, 2010
College Station, TX
i would say worry about the carb tuning, port/gasket matching, and gearing. there is plenty of material that can be found online, including this site... try searching for basics about car intake porting/polishing. remember that more isn't neccessarily better, and don't overdo it or you will not have a usable motor.

and from my grubee skyhawk gt5 motor, i can tell you with confidence that no simple bolt-on will do more for power than working the intake port over. also, i'm having a trust mechanic who has tuned 100's of carbs to double check my CNS carb. i've only tuned or helped tune a couple, including my 69 mustang RIP. i hear back tomorrow if i did alright or if he got any more power out of it. :)

that all being said, there are many members on this site with much more experience than me.

austin

Last edited: