Introduction

GoldenMotor.com

PatrickW

Mar 20, 2010
SW Florida Gulf Coast
Hello to everyone. I am here at the invitation of one of your moderators, '2door'. He is quite cordial and receptive to suggestions, as am I. We met on 'that other forum' and he invited me over here. I am sure you are all as cordial and friendly as he, and am sure we can all get along quite well.

I am not a 'newbie' to the realm of MBs, nor am I a guru, but I do know my way around and have made friends with quite a few folks who might help with problems/questions. So If you are having a problem, just ask...if I can not help, I am sure I can put you in touch with someone who can, as '2door' can surely do. There is a lot of help out there, and you might as well take advantage of it.

PatrickW

Last edited:

PatrickW

Mar 20, 2010
SW Florida Gulf Coast
Btw: I am riding a Trailmate Recumbent Meteor(Delta)w/Subaru-Robin 35 and custom Staton gear Box w/14/&18 tooth drive gears. Does 35+ as clocked on radar, but crueses very nicely at 25-30 mph.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Patrick.
Sorry I didn't see you when you came in. It's been a busy few days for me. We've just added our own trike section so you'll feel right at home here.
To the other members; I've followed Pat's 3 wheel build and it is a piece of work to be admired. Maybe if we ask nice he'll share a photo or two with us.
Welcome again, Pat. Glad to see you.
Tom

PatrickW

Mar 20, 2010
SW Florida Gulf Coast
Tom...Thank you very much for the cordial invitation. And, thanks to everyone who has been so nice in their welcomes. I really feel like I have fit right in to this batch of forums.

I presume that you might think the members would be interested in my build. If so, here goes. It is a sapphire blue, Trailmate Meteor, recumbent trike (Delta) with 21 Shimano pedal gears...altho we know that means only about 13-14 gears. The mods I have made are: change out the light weight aluminum 20” wheels for Husky, Skyway 24” wheels with nubbier tires and thorn-proof tubes. I still want to put on a pair of fatter, balloon tires, but not quite yet. I put on a Staton custom gear box w/14&18 tooth final drive gears, and Robin-Subaru EH035 4-stroke engine. I also installed led headlight, taillight, and a cable lock. Around here, you either lock it down, nail it down, or take it with you. Tourists are vicious! I added flashing r/w/b valve caps for safety. No extra storage for now, since I don‘t plan on going more than 10 or so miles from home and back for now.

About a mile or so from here, we have a beautiful Water Park, that sits on about a mile square piece of Public Park property. It is riddled with freshly paved bike trails. All I have to do is motor over there, cut the motor, and pedal the trails...quite refreshing and you meet quite a few ‘neat’ people. If I want to stop into the Water Park during the summer, residents get in for free and it has a soft drink hot dog/hamburger bar, and a 100’+ water slide, and a quite long tube stream to just relax in. I will guess y’all might want to see a photo or two of the trike...hang in there, I'm having some trouble with the photos.