Problem!

GoldenMotor.com

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Problem

The last time my bike was running was the other day when I was running WOT then my chain snapped in half and the engine shut off. I also herd a loud sound that sounded like a pistol as it happened. well I fixed my chain and checked my plug and it seems pretty oilily. I fired her up and Let her warm up a few. Gave her a rev and it was boggin. let her warm up some more and the bogging went away. So I peddle, let the clutch out and she was JULTING back and forth really bad. The C clip is 3 down from the top.
I checked for air leaks using my eyes and wd40. What could of happened to her the day she was last running?

I hope to resolve this problem before tomorrows Rally. Any help would be much appreciated.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Well I lowered the C-clip one notch and she ran better without any julting. When I put the slide back in how far down is it supposed to go. The slide stops about 1/8" to the bottom.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
make sure the slide's groove is lined up with the small nipple inside carb and it should fall in all the way. as for the chain breaking what is the root cause of chain breaking in the first place? old chain, missing master link,or break for some reason, did it fall off rear sprocket? too much slack? and what was the "pistol" noise? chain whipping around? motor break or frame break? and then what caused the motor to die? chain jam? electrical? or from chain breaking? always make sure their is a master link in place and is in the right direction! and never be greedy on the chain lube! for a chain to break, something bad happened and is mis-aligned! check your ride carefully, your life depends on it!

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Thanks for all that filestyle. Im am new too all all this stuff. But that day I was going on a long ride and did a full inspection of the bike before I left. I didnt run it too hard through the 16 mile ride.
I havent checked the electrical parts since I put it together.

I fixed the chain but I didnt use the master link. I just used a cheap chain breaker from walmart (Dont waste your money it broke within ten minutes) to slide the pin right in. Should I use a master link??

Anyway. It runs but At very slow speeds I get the Julting back and forth motion and also when I go over 25mph. I just put a new NGK B6HS. I lowered the need. c clip is one down from the top and im running 32:1.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
sounds like your airfilter is cloging up,try taking off the airfilter and housing and take it out for a run and post the results. dont forget to clean the filter and put it back on after.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
just ran it without the air filter. Still the same jerking. It only jerks back and forth when I let off the gas..and when I its at full throttle.

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
are u sure the chain didn't get caught on the frame or anywhere else if it did your engines done that happen to me that crap 415 chain that cam with the kit didn't last 100 kilometers so what happen is it put my engine out of timing and the piston was late also the key was it worked fine till it was really hard to start and I mean hard I had to pedal for 2 blocks to fire it up and sometimes it' didn't start at all I removed the magnet and coil there was a lot of play when the piston was at the top it missed the spark I haven't the chance to open the whole engine yet but if it's hard to start you chain might have got caught and it also backfired as well. btw is if bogging it might be out of timing.

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I don't know if this will help or not.If you think it might be out of time a little
you can pull the mag coil off then the mag rotor see if your wood ruff key is sheared.
Mark the mag rotor before you take it off so you will be sure to install it the same way it came off.
use a dab of super glue to help hold the wood ruff key in place as the magnetic force of the mag rotor will try to pull the key out of its slot when your reinstalling the mag rotor.
If the wood ruff key is sheared you can get a new key from one of the vendors here on the side bars.
also check the seal on the crank while your there make sure it is seated flush or a little more than flush with the crank cases surface. If the seal is leaking you will see a black oily poo leaking out of it.
Some keys are factory installed wrong and will rub the seal ruining it the mag rotor can also rub the seal if the seal is not installed properly. The same thing can happen to the crank seal on the drive gear side.

Last edited: