With all the talk of alternative fuels lately...

GoldenMotor.com

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Has anyone thought of the possibility of turning a China Girl into a 2 stroke diesel? I remember there used to be kits you could buy for glow engines to convert them to a diesel, pretty much just a high compression head with a thumb screw where the glow plug would be to adjust the compression.

I know there used to be two cycle diesel engines YEARS ago in trucks and there are still big two stroke diesels being used in large engines today.

You would think all that would be needed was a super high compression head (16/1) and a glow plug to get things going. Now if these little 2 cycles could handle it is another thing but it would be pretty cool if it would work.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome thunk Kev! Diesel comes up a lot but think this is the first time I have heard of conversion. Pysco, that would be awesome and a great marketing scheme, vegy fuel.

Could be really cool. Have every penny I own invested in replacing the guts on 4 smoke GBs but would really love to see some one do this.

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
if you did that it would be sick becuase a simple carb modd could make it run on veggy fuel
what... a desiel carb??? there fuel injected....ships still run 2 stroke desiels....i dont see any reason that we couldnt modify a motor to do this except the crank itself...that thing is gonna have a way longer throw and we are still gonna look for the same rpm's...no way it would shatter itself apart...you got to remember that the only things that make an engine redline is the weight of the lower end and the throw of the crank....i realy do apreciate the idea...i started a thread for gearheads like us..."future of riding"....this is all about people like us throwing out our ideas at each other for constructive critisism....id love to have you in that thread...**** i cant go a day without tearing my own ideas to pieces....not to knock you down...that 2 stroke desiel could work but you will really have to gear for it...i dont know if a china girl head or jug could handle that kind of compression or combustion pressers(or temps)....come on join this thread....lets have fun