Made in the USA

GoldenMotor.com

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
How do those folks live on so little money? I know the cost of living is not that much lower than ours.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Actually the cost of living is way lower. Food cost, electric bills, etc. are all way cheaper than what we pay here in America. Plus that kind of work force is not coming home to a three bedroom house with two cars, a stocked refrigerator, extra freezer, and a pantry full of food. They don't have the latest flat screen with killer maxed out stereo, cable/satellite, dvr, dvd, playstation, x-box, wii, etc. They don't have a tv in every room. They don't have 2 to 3 piece of exercise equipment that they never use. They don't have a garage so full of stuff they have to park in the driveway.... Am I making the point yet???

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Hate to be the skeptic-

but i'm not a big fan of old bikes-

alloy 26" rims have been common since the '80's and strong enough- much lighter.

And the modern oversized tubing frame is much lighter too, and plenty strong-

if it's not, maybe you should just try a dirtbike.

Overall a modern cruiser is much much lighter than an old pig irom welded frame with steel rims-

These little motors have that much less to pull then.
If speed isn't an issue with your builds....does it not make sense to go with a "tank" ?...Not to mention durability if and when some dumba** nails you turning right in front of you....whereas the aluminum bikes are lighter....they simply can not compare to the solidity of a steel bike....it's that simple....but to each their collective own....

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
Re: Made in Canada ?

Hey guys anyone try a classic Canadian bike like CCM--Rocky Mountain--Devinci--Massey-Harris-wow they made tractors too -did the American John Deere make one ? other makes-Goold-Welland-Vale who I believe also made garden tools. Picture is a CCM Light Delivery Bicycle with an attached "Pixie" bicycle motor is a "motorized bicycle".

Attachments

robin

Nov 15, 2008
A motorized bicycle is a bicycle with an attached motor used to power the vehicle, or to assist with pedaling. Sometimes classified as a motor vehicle, or a class of hybrid vehicle, motorized bicycles may be powered by different types of engines.

Motorized bicycles are distinguished from motorcycles by being capable of being powered by pedals alone if required.[citation needed] The actual usage of the pedals varies widely according to the type of vehicle. Some can be propelled by the motor alone if the rider chooses not to pedal. Those known as mopeds mostly have pedals for emergency use or because of legal requirements and these are not normally used. Those known as power-assist bikes have the pedals as the main form of propulsion with the motor used to give a bit of extra power, especially uphill. Many motorized bicycles are based on standard bicycle frame designs and technologies, although the modifications to the design to support motorization may be extensive.

In countries where there is a strong bicycle culture (notably in Asia), the motorized bicycle is particularly popular; in 1996 Shanghai had 370,000 motorized bicycles and 470,000 other vehicles.
from Wikipedia

Whizzerd

Nov 20, 2009
Muncie,IN
Very nice bikes fellas! I never realized how attractive the frame "lines" are on the old Murrays. For our Canadien friend, Murray Mfg. made lawnmowers, garden tillers, snowblowers, kiddie wagons, you name it. I believe they were absorbed into MTD some years ago. If John Deere ever made a bike bet it was green and yellow!

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Very nice bikes fellas! I never realized how attractive the frame "lines" are on the old Murrays. For our Canadien friend, Murray Mfg. made lawnmowers, garden tillers, snowblowers, kiddie wagons, you name it. I believe they were absorbed into MTD some years ago. If John Deere ever made a bike bet it was green and yellow!
John Deere has many co-branded bicycles. Not exactly "Made" by John Deere, but the idea is there.

Nirve.com - Design & Manufacture Stylish Customed Beach Cruiser Bikes and Components

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
I to found an old murray a few weeks ago. I intended to build it and sell it. I didnt like cruisers until I rode it for the first time! I got the bike from some snow birds here in Az and the bike was in pretty decent shape but I tore it all down anyway and thats when I saw every part stamped made in the usa. I thought thats kinda cool! I have grown really attached to this bike and keep working on it. Fenders and an expansion chamber should be here this week. I am 6' and have yet to find a cruiser comfortable to me without a laid back seatpost but havent found a decent one yet so I made my own. With the big fat sprung seat this bike is sooooo comfy! Made in Tennesse! I need some American Flag stickers for the tank!

Attachments

Last edited:

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Re: Made in Canada ?

Hey guys anyone try a classic Canadian bike like CCM--Rocky Mountain--Devinci--Massey-Harris-wow they made tractors too -did the American John Deere make one ? other makes-Goold-Welland-Vale who I believe also made garden tools. Picture is a CCM Light Delivery Bicycle with an attached "Pixie" bicycle motor is a "motorized bicycle".
John Deere did make many bikes they even have a new one as pictured -although it may now be from China- they had some in the 1890's too. i thot they must have and they are Green.If they are of the tractor's quality they will be fantastic.

Attachments

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Every time I'm browsing through these threads & I read the title of this one it always causes a reaction in me, So I'm gonna write about it now...

"Made in the USA"... There's only one bicycle company left in USA (Worksman) because 99.99999999% of bicycle buyers would prefer to buy a chinese bike because of the cheaper price!
There's so many people out there who fly their American flags so proudly on their foreign cars... :rolleyes:
Put your money where your mouth is! (or your flag) .flg.

(I'm sure this is gonna get a lot of reactions from everyone here.) :D

Sign Guy

Jan 19, 2010
Everett, WA
"Made in the USA"... There's only one bicycle company left in USA (Worksman) :D
In addition to my sign work (I've had my business for 10 yrs but because of the economy I'm working like I was classically trained in Engineering) I work at the Boeing facility here in Everett, WA. We probably have at least a thousand of those bikes and trikes and they are heavy duty! I think if you took care of them they'd last forever. They have drum brakes, big thick tires and once up to speed are pretty smooth rolling rides. Of course everyone at the plant doesn't give a crap about them and beat them to death but they are nice heavy duty bikes.

Now on to the cheap stuff.... I purchased my Mtn bike back in 1990 and wanted to support an American company, searched High and low and was very disappointed that my Schwinn was built in Taiwan. Oh well, I tried