New Parts on the Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Embed

Sep 11, 2009
Michigan
Hey guys, just wanted to share some work I've been doing. I got new handlebars from a spare bike, a Sturmey Archer XFD front drum brake on a 26" Husky (12guage spokes), Pirate Cycles ported intake and hub adapter with 38T sprocket. I still have some work to do, however..

My fork is too big for the bracket that came with the drum brake so I'll need to make my own or get a springer fork. Next, when I took off the sprocket and rag clamp that was originally on the bike I found it had broken a few spokes, I'm getting the hub re-spoked. Still to come is a SBP expansion chamber exhaust, headlight and taillight, possible modification of the fenders.

(Tires were just thrown on there, still need new ones after my blowout last year)

Comments welcome!

Embed

Sep 11, 2009
Michigan
Thanks for the info, Bill. I'm really excited to use it, I ordered that hub and rim combo because someone said it would be a good idea to match my retro theme. Only after that did I read about Sturmey Archer's outstanding track record and how rare these hubs apparently are. It's sure to have all of the stopping power I need.

Embed

Sep 11, 2009
Michigan
Haha thanks man, but neither chain in those pictures is hooked up and ready to go. I'll be removing a link or two in the motor chain. I guess I jumped the gun a little bit posting pictures-wise; I should have waited until it was all done.

FinFan, thanks for the advice! I'll be using some chromed tube. The copper looks great!

EDIT: Is it okay to bend the brake arm toward my fork a little or should I leave it as is?

Last edited: