Brett's Bobber Bike Custom Exhaust

GoldenMotor.com

WWCherokee

Feb 11, 2009
Lakewood Colorado
This is the custom exhaust I just put on my bike. It starts at the stock size and steps up 3 times to 1 1/2" ID. It has a 12" drag baffle, which didn't baffle much. So I put the restrictor plate at the end and that quited it down a lot, but it is still a little too loud. I could get by with it but eventually I will make a baffle of my own for a better sound level.

As for power? Yes, more power but less smoothness. The power is worth it and I am expecting a better carb to smooth it out.

Here is the Video on Myspace. You can also check out the 3 Supras a freind and I built up a couple summers ago. Brett's Bobber Bike Video by Big Daddy - MySpace Video

Since my last post I have upgraded the plug and wire. It made a noticable difference. I started using high end synthetic oil, a huge improvement. I replace the inner sleave of my throttle with a mini bike throttle sleave. Upgraded the clutch actuator, this is a great part and worth every penny they cost. The chain tensioner has been upgraded to a sprocket style with bearings and a size 41 chain. I upgraded the fuel filter and fuel petcock. This helped with the constant high rpm fuel starvation I was having but it hasn't cured it. I guess the carb simply can't keep up and I am going to order a better one next week.

Attachments

LouBuilt

Mar 1, 2009
Maine
Hello Brett. What a great looking set-up, the ape style handle bars are a nice feature. I was going to go with a idler gear, instead of the nylon wheel style on my tensioner also. I was wondering if you have any driveline issues on the gear style? or does it seem to operate smoothly for you. Again congrats on your build and ride safe. loubuilt.rd.

WWCherokee

Feb 11, 2009
Lakewood Colorado
No problems at all with the sprocket style idler. The problems were with the plastic piece of crap that came in the kit. Rides much smoother now.

I am using a #41 idler and #41 chain.

LouBuilt

Mar 1, 2009
Maine
Re: Idler gear info

Thanks for the input on the gear Brett. I see what you mean on the kit guide wheel, right out of the new package it had an untrue (out of the ordinary) kind of wobble to it. Every revolution of the wheel kind of confused the chain driveline. I swapped it over to another, truer unit and it seems to be fine,as long as I utilize it as a guide and not an actual tensioner. Again thanks Brett and have a good one. Loubuilt.bld.