4 Stroke Kit for my first 4 stroke build...

GoldenMotor.com

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
So, I've already built 2 china-girl kits. fun, they've been reliable (so far). One on a jack-shaft with 7 speed. The other (my first) on a Panama Jack frame.

I want to go with a more reliable 4 stroke it. I've been looking around, and I'm getting confused with all the kits out here. And, really, no matter what, it seems like they all have their issues.

I wouldn't ask which kit to buy. I'm asking more of a:

Where should I buy my kit from.

I have learned a long time ago, when I first started to to go with gasbike.net and their affiliates at kings. Have they gotten any better?

I bought a few things from pistonbikes. I had NO PROBLEM with them at all. Is their kit any good?

I see the guys at bikeberry on Youtube. They seem good (although very goofy). Is their kit any good?

How about that 4G kit from bicycle-engines.com. What's the deal with that?

With these questions out of the way, I'm willing to pay a few extra bucks for better quality. I know the engines are all either Subaru or Honda clones. I figure the differences lay in the other stuff. Like the CVT and hardware.

So, based on your experiences, what should I spend my hard earned cash on.

P.s. This bike will only be used to put put around the neighborhood (I'm building it for my father-in-law). It's going to be just purely for fun. I'm removing the china girl out of my beach cruiser and putting the 4 stroke in it's place. I DO STILL WANT THE WHOLE KIT.
I already have a manic-mechanic adapter. So, that's a plus.

Any advice will be very helpful.

Thank in advance...

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I would buy an EZMOTORBIKE kit from one of the dealers... jbcruisin is a dealer that comes to mind plus he's a good guy.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
The EZM system is a nice system for general riding. I've been running one for 4-5 years and it has been relatively trouble free. Just make sure you follow the mounting instructions. I think the extra support they suggest (I used a piece of angle iron) towards the rear of the system is an improvement. I've always gotten good service from Quenton. Good luck

Dan

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
You are probably better just buying the ez transmission use a HF79 and using the China kit parts and sprocket adapter you already have. What kind of bike are you using?

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
How about that 4G kit from bicycle-engines.com. What's the deal with that?
Bicycle-Engines (Birddog Distributing) is one of only 3 authorized dealers for real Grubee Skyhawk parts in the US.

The 4G is hands down the best transfer case I have ever seen and what I use, and the Skyhawk 4G kit is well done.

TIP:
Go with the short tapered shaft clutch attached 142F-1G engine opposed to the long straight no clutch 5/8" shaft engine.

The difference is where the clutch bell/pulley is mounted.
On the long 5/8" shaft the clutch bell rides on a busing on the engine shaft with the clutch.

On the tapered clutch attached version, the the bell is isolated from the engine as it attaches to it's own double bearing shaft in the 4G.

The newest ones this year have the changes to the output shaft to make for adjustable sprocket placement.

I also use this as the base for my 10G custom long shaft transfer case by replacing the output shaft with a custom longer shaft to make an output right over the pedal sprockets to bypass the cost and extra chain a SBP Shift Kit adds.

So yes, I am prejudice to them, but for good reason, I like quality.

http://motorbicycling.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/