Could This Fit A 4 Stroke?

GoldenMotor.com

oceanotter

Aug 22, 2015
Louisiana
Greetings! I found a beach cruiser I think I would love to mount a 4 stroke on, but I'm not quite sure if I can in frame. It needs to be in frame, I'm not interested in putting it on the rear.

Here are some measurements for the bike as well as a link to the site I found it on:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J0ST4S2...lid=31HEXBK5CJDM4&coliid=I10W03UY66QG1H&psc=1

Product Description
This cruiser bike is a stylish and attractive beach cruiser coming with the high quality Shimano 7-speed and front & rear disc brakes to get you where you want to go. Featuring a durable aluminum alloy extended cruiser frame along with crank forward design. The rims, handle bar, brake system, stem and seat post are made of aluminum alloy too. It's rare to see a combination of triple tree fork, 3" wide tires and front disc brake on a cruiser bike. The Vinyl leather grips and oversize/extra padded saddle provide a very comfortable ride. The wheel size is the 26" and the frame size is 18". It's perfect for men who are between 5'2" and 5'11" tall.

So 18" frame... Not sure if that gives the 14" minimum I need for the engine, but I would very much hope so!

Attachments

oceanotter

Aug 22, 2015
Louisiana
I confirmed this will in fact fit a 4 stroke motor with a jack shaft kit. I don't know exactly how reliable this, but with the larger tires and disk brakes this should be a safe ride.

I intend on mounting a rear gas tank and placing a few very bright lights on this with a battery to work a brake light under the seat.

Drive safely!

Uncle Bob

Sep 1, 2015
Walla Walla. WA
I confirmed this will in fact fit a 4 stroke motor with a jack shaft kit. I don't know exactly how reliable this, but with the larger tires and disk brakes this should be a safe ride.

I intend on mounting a rear gas tank and placing a few very bright lights on this with a battery to work a brake light under the seat.

Drive safely!
Get a piece of cardboard, cut a 8 x 9 1/2 out of it. 8" is the base length, 9 1/2 is the height. If that fits in your frame your good to go. I would look at a few jack shaft kits to see how much room you need between the seat down tube and the tire. Good luck!!

oceanotter

Aug 22, 2015
Louisiana
Yeah I saw that. he did some really great work there. I'm not too worried about how crowded it is, but I think I can fit a HS with a 7G transmission and a sickbikeparts 4 stroke jack shaft kit.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Yeah I saw that. he did some really great work there. I'm not too worried about how crowded it is, but I think I can fit a HS with a 7G transmission and a sickbikeparts 4 stroke jack shaft kit.
It's tight, but an engine will fit.
There is a choke lever fix you'll need to do.

The front triple trees aren't very comfortable, but the chubby tires help.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I bought that shock fork from the Try Me bike shop around the corner for $85.

It's a nice little neighborhood bike shop that isn't just MB friendly, it's almost like having my own inventory room as it's so close and over the years come to stock what I will eventually buy.

A shock fork really does make the otherwise 'stiff' FiTo a pleasure to ride and if anything, improved the look in my book.

We all have different views of what looks cool, but what works and feels best is different, in my case anyway I get both ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I see you removed the tin from the cylinder, a big improvement to the appearance. Have you had any noticable cooling issues?
Yes, it runs cooler!
The air can get to the fins.
All that protective crap is for 'safety' for those that don't know the engine get gets hot ;-}

Uncle Bob

Sep 1, 2015
Walla Walla. WA
Yes, it runs cooler!
The air can get to the fins.
All that protective crap is for 'safety' for those that don't know the engine get gets hot ;-}
The covers are actually for ducting the cooling air driven by the finned flywheel around the cylinder in a stationary motor. On a moving bike application they just aren't needed because we are moving plenty of cooling air over the motor.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
The covers are actually for ducting the cooling air driven by the finned flywheel around the cylinder in a stationary motor. On a moving bike application they just aren't needed because we are moving plenty of cooling air over the motor.
Exactly.

The same goes for the big flywheel fins that force the air there, all they do is make the whole engine wider than it needs to be for our mobile needs.

And of course the caned exhaust.to keep it compact, quite, and EPA OK.
What a power sucker that thing is, ANY pipe exhaust improves performance.

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
I allways thought that fito would look better with an under the saddle mount tank.
One of the cylinder style ones, Like some of your other bikes, KC.

There was one on here that had the top tube converted to a gas tank, that was really clean lookin. I will try to find that pic.

That gas tank looks a little out of place on the top tube to my eyes.

Those are sturdy bikes, thick aluminum, compared to an aluminum frame mtb bike.

Do they come with rear disk brake now, or is that how the geared bike are?
Had to make a disc mount for my 1spd.

I am going to have to do a gasser one of these days...that bike looks good with a motor in it.

edit
Whoops guess I should have read the first page huh.

I want to see you stuff a 4stroker in. do it do it, you know you want to. :)

Here is that bike with the inframe tank, a member on this forum, I don't know who it is or I would give them credit, looks really nice.

Attachments

Last edited:

Uncle Bob

Sep 1, 2015
Walla Walla. WA
Exactly.

The same goes for the big flywheel fins that force the air there, all they do is make the whole engine wider than it needs to be for our mobile needs.

And of course the caned exhaust.to keep it compact, quite, and EPA OK.
What a power sucker that thing is, ANY pipe exhaust improves performance.
Thats for sure. That stock exhaust is a power robber, as is the whole intake tract. an exhaust header and longer runner intake with a good carb realy wakes this little motor up. I'll be removing the fins and rebalancing the flywheel next. Next week I will be picking up a new 79cc predator and it's getting tore down for the full treatment before it even gets fired up. Header, 19mm flatslide carb, and shave the fins. Really nice bike your building by the way. I was wondering if there will be individual parts for the new long shaft 10g trans anytime soon or will it only be available in it kit form?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I allways thought that fito would look better with an under the saddle mount tank.
One of the cylinder style ones, Like some of your other bikes, KC.

There was one on here that had the top tube converted to a gas tank, that was really clean lookin. I will try to find that pic.
That would be the NuVinci Cadillac shifter.

2/3 gallon (2.5L) custom tank from Coyote Tanks.
~$120 delivered.

I drilled the top bar of my silver FiTo to see how much liquid it could hold for doing that very thing.
Pfft, like 1/5 gallon, not near enough capacity to be useful.
Even the cheap kits have a 1/2 gallon tank, the tanks on both Fito's are 2/3 gallon.

And yes, I turned this Columbia's fake tank into a real one that hold a whopping 1.6 gallons.

Like 30 hours and $300 to do that.

Do they come with rear disk brake now, or is that how the geared bikes are?
Had to make a disc mount for my 1spd.
The 7-speed comes with front and rear disc brakes.

I want to see you stuff a 4stroker in. do it do it, you know you want to. :)
That black Fito above is a 4-stroke shifter with a 10G.

What I am looking forward to is the new GT2-S 1/2 gallon frames with support for disc brake and 3" back tire.
In short, the Fito with a real gas tank top bar.

And sorry, but I can't directly answer direct questions about anything I have for sale in regular topics here.

Look for my ad at the bottom right of the vendor pic links, in the Vendor Forum area, or click one of my sig links and I'll be happy to help you.

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Thats for sure. That stock exhaust is a power robber, as is the whole intake tract. an exhaust header and longer runner intake with a good carb realy wakes this little motor up.
I'll be removing the fins and rebalancing the flywheel next.
Interesting.
Just be careful with that, the CDI/Mag magnet is not something you want to cut into and balancing around it may not be all that friendly.

If it works and makes a difference by all means share what you did!

Next week I will be picking up a new 79cc predator and it's getting tore down for the full treatment before it even gets fired up. Header, 19mm flatslide carb, and shave the fins.
Ya, I built a couple 79's, way more of a hassle and expense to justify them to me unless you really need to push an overburdened bicycle way past 40mph.

They will do that, but then it comes down to how to stop the thing, wheel bearings, even tires.

Really nice bike your building by the way.
I was wondering if there will be individual parts for the new long shaft 10g trans anytime soon or will it only be available in it kit form?
Thanks, I build lots of different neat things and having tons of fun doing it.

Sorry, but I am forbidden from directly answering any direct question like yours regarding my new parts sales business anywhere but in the Vendor area.
Got to keep the forums free of 'ad clutter' and what not, you'll have to use one of those other ways to talk about what I can do for you.

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
KC
I do tend to ramble a bit and am not allways clear in my statements.
I know you have created many wonderful machines.

I have seen a bunch of your bikes on your site, so I knew you had stuffed all kinds of motors on bikes.
Didnt realize that the drilled toptube tank would be so small.

GT2S 1/2gal! That sounds cool.

BAH!
I need more bikes like a hole in the head.

Some good looking bikes KC