A blast from the past... not motor bike.. but

GoldenMotor.com

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I got these pictures of the old Honda. Then I saw it slowly go out the lot. It waited for a light, then before crossing fully across the intersection it was in second and accelerating quite well for the old machine. The rider also looked a bit grey.

MT

PS, Really under 2K Mi?

Attachments

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
It could have gone round the clock a few times or it might be a new clock. Alternatively, somebody bought it, rode it, didn't like it and stored it somewhere clean and dry.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Someone chime in on what Make, Model, Year.... I'm only saying it is a classic as I mentioned to the lucky owner.

MT

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I sure do feel like I ought to be able to identify the model, but I'm drawing a blank. It was a successful model for Honda. The year is early 60's.

If I give it a bit of thought, then maybe I can come up with a model.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Twin leading shoe rear brake, was it? I've been told they were lethal on a slope as they simply wouldn't stop the bike from rolling backwards.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Looks like Honda Dream. They came with several engine sizes. Mine was a 305, single carb. Ran great, handled terrible.
'Dream' that was my guess. Whatever it is it's a lovely old bike. I'm sure some old Honda expert will speak up and tell us what it is.
Thanks for sharing, MT.

Tom

EDIT: Found this. Says, Honda Dream 305 but doesn't give the year.

Attachments

Last edited:

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Veering just a bit away from the actual topic, would you like to see a beautiful Honda from about the same era?

Vintage-Honda-Motorcycle-06-14-10.jpg

I can't tell you a thing about it. I can't identify it and I've never seen one of these in person before.

But they sure did put together a good looking bike that time, didn't they?

Edit: Hold on a moment.....looking closer at the photo it's beginning to look to me like that's not the Honda logo on that gas tank. This might be some other brand.

Can anyone identify this?

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I don't know what it is either......but I want one.
I tried to blow the photo up in Photoshop but it pixelates too bad to see that tank logo.
What a cool looking bike. Looks like a Harley Hummer with a Honda engine.
Can anyone identify the bike/logo?

The house ain't too shabby either.

Thanks, Blue.

Tom

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I'm likin' the late-sixties Dream. They were a decent bike. More fond of a mid-seventies Scrambler, 350 or 360. But Dreams have nice lines and perform pretty well for their size. There are quite a few still on the road; either people are taking lots of care of them, or they just don't die easily. Probably both. They run smooth too.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The old Honda is one of the 1950s NSU styled models, 1954 Benly J. 98cc pushrod, engine and swing arm a single unit and rear suspension is rubber in torsion. Info lifted from the Fillmore Gazette of the 15th of April. Ignore the claim about one being Honda's first overseas racer. That was an R125 with a Model E engine.

It really is true about those 50s pressed steel bikes though, take the badges off them and some NSUs, line them up and see how many people can tell who made what.

Last edited:

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
This not two wheels either, but where is Grandpa and Herman...

I was not around to hear when it was started up.. to bad.

MT

Attachments